Woo! Berried Shrimp

I've been watching her since I got her, just waiting and now she is berried! I love watching her rotate all her eggs :] I'm actually thinking she became berried while at the LFS in the tank of other CRS. I only have two CRS one male and female, so the chances are small that that's how it happened or one of my RCS did it, which I hope it wasn't but either way I love shrimp.

I've been trying to get some more pictures! My mom and boyfriend have been laughing at me because I'm like glued to the fish tank watching her roam around and fiddle with her eggs.

I'm hoping all goes well and she lays them, they hatch, and ta-dah! I hear these shrimp are super sensitive and breeding can be difficult if you don't have the right set up going on. But so far it looks promising.

I'll try not to get my hopes up!

Now here is a berried ghost shrimp :]

Side note: My CRS is no longer berried, I'm hoping she laid the eggs. But this was during the process of trying to get the SAE out of the tank so either she dropped them from stress (or from it being her first time or unfertilized) or she laid the eggs and I disrupted them when I moved some plants, or they are still just fine and dandy. I'm SUPER hopeful that they're fine. Also, I haven't seen the RCS around, she may have laid her eggs also.

It's been hectic ever since the SAE wanted to have a shrimp buffet.

HEADIN

Large Fish
Aug 9, 2010
i bought 5 more amano shrimps yesterday to add to my already 3 in the tank.

managed to bag myself 2 of them full of eggs..

should they lay them ok?

I'm not positive on your tank set up, but Amano shrimp are a lot harder to breed. I've had mine become berried and then just lay or lose their eggs and then repeat since I have freshwater only. But they are GREAT shrimp either way.

The biggest thing just to know is that the larvae cannot live in freshwater for very long, and that article explains how to transfer them to salt, then back.

Article: ShrimpNow !!! - Breeding Amano (Yamato) Shrimp

Also a great community for shrimp information.