Will you go to see Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith?

Will you go see Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith?

• You betcha!

Votes: 20 66.7%
  • Not planning on it, no.

Votes: 10 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NoDeltaH2O

Superstar Fish
Feb 17, 2005
SC
Opening soon in theaters (May 19th), with tickets on sale online already, will you go? I may even consider trying to see it on opening night this time although I have never done that with any of the other 5 movies? I am still having a bit of trouble convincing my wife that it will be a good thing for her to dress up at Amidala...

Last edited:

lordroad

Large Fish
Sep 2, 2004
Shelby, NC
www.joshday.com
I'm there.

I felt so ripped when I saw the first prequel, but I liked the second one. I recently purchased the two prequels on dvd and watched them both with the commentary on... great stuff. learn a lot about movie making and story crafting.

Stevie

Large Fish
Apr 2, 2005
Sunny Ireland.
Ill go see it.

I was pissed off at the fisrt two for being so ****!!!(although attack of the clone's was OK) I dont know what is about them,they should be better,they have better effect's (maybe) and some great actors (Euan Mc G) Eh I cant spell his name.

But some how somthing is missing................I think it was .....the Love,yes the love is missing from the new films.......know what I mean??????

Orion

Ultimate Fish
Feb 10, 2003
Kentucky
www.thefishcave.net
Yeah something is missing, Harrison Ford.

I've seen them all to this point and wasn't real impressed with the first two. I've read a couple of spoilers online for the thrid one and I looks like it might be good. The first two were really lacking that dark, omnimous feeling of impending doom that the first three had. And from what I can tell this one may be closer to that.

Pssst, I'll share a secret and tell you how it ends.....

Skywalker becomes vader. :)

Nov 27, 2004
New Orleans
Visit site
i'll be there at midnight with my cousin the star wars nut. i saw episode II midnight as well, waited in line from 3pm-11pm when they let us in, and i wasn't even first in line. the original are clearly better, no way you can argue with that, but it will be cool to see how it all happens in this one. however it will also be kinda sad, seeing as there won't be anymore, but i did hear that lucas is going to make all 6 movies 3-D and release them again in a couple of years.

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
I liked Jar Jar myself in the first one......j/k of course ;)

I don't see the first 2 as being complete garbage.....personally. I found them to be just another star wars movie, though pretty boring you have to have them to tell the story. I just don't think they were that bad. I thought Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi were the best though.

Nov 27, 2004
New Orleans
Visit site
watch "Clerks" for an excellent star wars debate...but i do have to say that episode I was somehow made better by episode II, not sure why, but when i went back and watched it after i saw episode II i seemed to enjoy it more, maybe because episode I had trouble standing on its own as a movie, but when you add the pieces of the second trilogy together it gains some strength. what you cant deny is how freaking awesome darth maul was.

Mar 8, 2005
Savannah
I think what the new movies lack is a couple of things. First is the characters in the old movies where pretty much new. The only "famous" actor was Harrison Ford. And even his hay day was just starting. These guys weren't in it for the money, I think the new guys in the new movies are looking for more than just being famous for good acting, they want more money. Also the special effects are very modern. I think that technology is in the stage where it's life-like but not quite. You can still tell it's CG and not something real. That's what's classic about the old ones, almost all the FX were real. Also I think that Lucas is lacking the passion that he had in the original three. Then he was rebellious. He was kicked out of the actors guild for not showing some credits at the beginning of the movie (and other things but...). So he was not only the director but he played near-fulltime editor because all the ediors he wanted were in the director's guild and none could help him. Now he's got a whole slew of people helping him and doing a lot of things for him. Just my opinion. Oh and I'll be at the movies ASAP, but probably not midnight though.

Yes, I like him. I'm a big Harrison Ford fan,and very big on Indiana Jones movies.
Delta, does that answer our discussion or what!
anyways, I plan on seeing it, even though the first two IMO, were only a means to the end( in other words, filler material) I think this one is going to be good, and I have seen the Re-designed old ones and the first 2 prequals on the opening day, but then again, only six other people were in line at my theatre! ( lucky ne, kiving in the middle of nowhere!

fishkid64

Large Fish
Jul 8, 2004
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Alright, i may not be young, but i am the younger generation i am 14, and think that the original 3 were very good, and i have to say so far my favorite star wars movie is "The Empire Strikes Back" because it was just a very good movie, and yes, so far i think the original 3 were the best.

Nov 27, 2004
New Orleans
Visit site
actually culinary, lucas only directed the first one. empire and jedi were better due to the fact that he didn't direct it. this is also why you can tell the new ones aren't as good, because lucas is directing them. he is not that great of a director, but more an editor by nature. and the reason he got the actors he did for the original was because he wanted young unknown actors. harrison ford wasn't even supposed to get it because he was in american graffiti and had already worked with lucas. lucas used ford just to read the parts during auditions, but liked him so much he made him han solo. the money thing is really just a representation of the film industry too, and if anybody in the 70s had thought star wars wasnt going to be a B rate sci-fi flick then big stars probably would have wanted in. if you did not notice, star wars is topic of mine that i discuss often.

Last edited: