Will you go to see Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith?

Will you go see Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith?

• You betcha!

Votes: 20 66.7%
  • Not planning on it, no.

Votes: 10 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oct 22, 2002
Silver Spring, MD
personally i'm not a big star wars fan i've seen the old ones when i was a kid but never really thought it was a big deal and most movies made now rely on big special effects and big stars to make up for poor story lines... there are few good movies lately but there are alot thats just a waste of my 2-3 hours

Mar 8, 2005
Savannah
I am almost positive Lucas directed all three. Who was the director then? I know he had to slow down b/c he was starting to have heart trouble in Empire, but I didn't know anyone else was the actual director.
SW was only predicted to be a "below" average flick. And one of the only reasons Lucas was allowed to direct it and make it was that he was only entitled to the merchandise material, no profits off the theatre or movie sales what-so-ever. Actually turned out to be a bigger hit then the movie profit sales. Not only a good movie man but a good investor.

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
I'm with you punkrock... I love Star Wars. I'll go see the 3rd movie, not sure yet if I can go to the midnight showing. I went to the midnight showing of Return of the King and it was really fun (right before my 7:30am physics final :)).

The original trilogy is definately better. They are trying too hard to make humor fit into the new movies... they are sticking in stupid one liners that really detract from the movies, whereas the original movies were funny because of interactions.

NoDeltaH2O

Superstar Fish
Feb 17, 2005
SC
I'll definitely NOT be dressing up. The whole wife as Amidala thing was a joke, believe me. There is no way I would want to end up on TV dressed up as Yoda with the other geeks.

You know what, I DO have a spare black ninja suit laying around, I may put it on and be a padawan. It probably depends on how much homebrew I've got in me at the time...

umm... yeah. I'll be there.

I've not heard that Lucas will be rereleasing the movies in 3D, and I really don't believe that. To make a 3D movie you have to use 3D cameras (basicly just two cameras slightly apart from each other) and these weren't used to shoot any of the movies.
What he DID say at the recent Star Wars Celebration is that he will be making a TV show for Star Wars similar to what the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles were like. That could include young Han Solo adventures, or completely new characters.
Should be cool.
Oh, and a 4th Indiana Jones movie is in the works.

I'll be there opening day if the Senator (www.senator.com) gets rights to play it. Right now a lot of independent theaters are having a problem securing rights to the movie. The evil megaplexes are locking them out. Anyway... I'll be in line for about 4 hours to buy tickets and then another line for about 4 hours to get seats if the Senator gets the movie. Deffinately worth it though. It's a great movie house.

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
jediinthedark said:
Oh, and a 4th Indiana Jones movie is in the works.
Indiana Jones is Indiana Jones...you can't add on. Sean Connery and Harrison Ford will go down in history as "the Jones boys" no matter what other movies they have been in or will be in in the future :) The ONLY exception would be if they got Sean Connery and Harrison Ford to be in the movie and the main character is like Harrison Ford's kid or something. I MIGHT go watch it then.

Anyway...as for this movie...yes I'll go see it :) Jar Jar Binx was the best...heh albeit annoying. No I wont be dressing up, and no I wont be first in line...but I have to see it just for old time's sake. I grew up with the first ones as my dad is a huge sci-fi fan, and the Ewok Adventure and those other little known movies that were spinoff's of the Star Wars Trilogy.

Nov 27, 2004
New Orleans
Visit site
time to set you kids straight: a new hope was directed by lucas, and episodes I-III will be too. however empire was directed by Irvin Kershner, and jedi was directed by Richard Marquand. just go to www.allmovie.com and look it up, it is there. now in regards to the 3D thing. Im almost positive I either read in entertainment weekly or watched it on tv that a 3D revolution in film being headed by Lucas and James Camron was coming...I actually think I watched it on that 60minutes where they interviewed lucas. If anybody hasn't seen the documentary dvd on star wars that was on A&E and in the new box set then check it out, it is pretty cool and has a lot of info.

Stevie

Large Fish
Apr 2, 2005
Sunny Ireland.
Has anyone else heard of the new game coming out called..........Lego Star Wars.......I KNOW!!!!!!!!

It's LEGO,it's STAR WARS and it's a COMPUTER GAME..................THAT'S THE DREAM!!!!!

This may be the answer to the 3D thing:
"You know we're doing a pilot television series now called Clone Wars," said Lucas. "Well we're going to take that and turn it into a 3-D animated version full series." Lucas described the episodes as being 30 minutes in length.

And then:

"We're also working on a spin-off series," he added, "with some characters who have appeared before that will be a live action series. We're probably not going to start that for about a year. Like on The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, we want to write all the stories for the entire first season all at once. I'm going to get it started, and hire the show runners and all of that, then I'll probably step away." Even host Jay Laga'aia had a hard time concentrating after that news.

Elaborating on the television series' setting in the chronology of the saga, Lucas explained that the idea currently in development takes place between Episodes III and IV. "There's none of the main characters from I, II, and III (or IV, V and VI for that matter) in the..." he stopped in mid-sentence. "Well, actually, that's not exactly true now that I think about it. We haven't really started the TV show, so it's hard to answer. There's a lot of issues that are connected, but you won't necessarily see a lot of the people that are connected."

http://www.starwars.com/community/event/celebration/f20050419/indexp17.html

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
The television thing has the potential to really bother me. I like all the Star Wars books, and they are all written with the approval of LucasArts. But they don't take into account the books when they make the movies. Some of the books were directly contradicted with Episode 1. If they get into earlier or later stuff, they will probably ignore all the things that have been written again, which irritates me. It isn't that hard to integrate the basic facts from the books to a movie or TV show.

Nov 27, 2004
New Orleans
Visit site
ive read the thing about the 3D tv show, but what i heard is different, and im standing by it, just keep your eyes and ears open for it, and it should happen in a couple of years. the tv show thing bothers me too, and the books actually bother me as well. when it comes to the story of star wars, the true story, you can only use the movies. the other stuff is an afterthought, and cannot be used in any sort of star wars universe debate.

NoDeltaH2O

Superstar Fish
Feb 17, 2005
SC
I spent a lot of time back at Christmas time researching the LEGO Millineum Falcon. I almost bought one, but hesitated, knowing (hoping) that they are timeless toys that will still be around later on in life. I was a Lego-Maniac as a child, so I can't wait to have kids and get them hooked on Legos so I'll have an excuse to buy every SW set they make.

namukoby

Medium Fish
Mar 30, 2005
NoDeltaH2O said:
I spent a lot of time back at Christmas time researching the LEGO Millineum Falcon. I almost bought one, but hesitated, knowing (hoping) that they are timeless toys that will still be around later on in life. I was a Lego-Maniac as a child, so I can't wait to have kids and get them hooked on Legos so I'll have an excuse to buy every SW set they make.
You sound like my husband. He has been collecting SW lego ever since he heard that lego is phasing out 'liscenced' kits. There is no better combo in his mind than Star Wars and lego - unless it is the motorized lego.

To answer the original question, even if I didn't want to go, I'd be going to this movie. My husband will be sure I go - sometime during the first 2 weeks, if not the first night - otherwise we'd be lugging a newborn baby along as well.

Jun 28, 2003
UK
Visit site
lol, Stevie, i saw that game too, the one with little lego people holding light sabers on the front!

I'll definately be going to see Star Wars, being as i am a self confessed sci-fi nerd and the fact that Ewan McGregor is in it just rounds the whole experience off nicely :p

Stevie

Large Fish
Apr 2, 2005
Sunny Ireland.
Delta,how do you reserch a lego Millineum Falcon??????

Oh BTW I dont hate you cause you bring "balance" to the forum............I hate you cause your a smart arse,holier than thou &*%$£ (j/k) ;-p