Will koi eat moss in a planted tank?

Hello -

I keep koi in my 55 gallon planted tank, and I have been looking at adding some moss to my tank to add some color to the bottom. Since at the moment I dont have any in my tank right now (I usually sell them when they get too big for the tank) I am doing my usual rearrangement of the tank. I was thinking of adding moss to the tank to make a carpet on the bottom. I know koi will eat the roots of a lot of plants (I have gone through a lot to find what plants they won't eat over the last 10 years. :p ) before I add in what could be just another expensive dinner for them I am wondering if anyone knows if Koi will eat moss. I am hoping to get willow moss and or a fisidens.

thank you!

C4cache

Small Fish
Jan 21, 2008
Utah
My personal experiance with koi is that they will eat moss, most plants, plant roots, fish food, cat food....just about everything is worth a "taste test" if nothing else. I would introduce a small amount of moss to begin with, see if they bother it. That way your not out a ton of money spent on moss that may turn out to be a delicious dinner.