Why are my ghost shrimp dying?

Dec 23, 2005
Wisconsin
Today I bought 6 ghost shrimp from my lfs. I acclimated them just like I acclimate fish. 3 are now dead. Nothing happened they just kind of stopped and died. The 3 that are left are swimming and they look healthy. 1 of the is a female who is carrying eggs. I don't have a smaller tank I can put her in and I don't have the cash to just go buy one. The only thing I have is a breeder net with a molly in it. Would it be okay to take the molly out, and put the female in once she is dropping eggs? Would I have to take the female out right away when she is done dropping eggs? If I successfully do this, and the eggs hatch, what do I feed the baby shrimp? Help is appreciated.:confused:

Dec 23, 2005
Wisconsin
Ya i add stuff to lower my ph. I have two remaining as the female carrying eggs just died. Its okay, i mean if the two survive thats great but atleast they would die evantually of their short life span. Anyway they were 3 for a dollar so it wasn't like it took away all my money. I was going to get cherry shrimp but they were 5.99 each!