White Butterfly "Throwbacks"

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
Just wanted to share these pictures i took to send to Kenny as an Update.

I got these from Kenny in early September. Only been about 3-4 months but they are growing like weeds and their colors are getting great, love the pattern on these guys. Super clean for being PB based fish, virtually no pepper and bright red eyes.

These are some White Butterfly "Throwbacks". First 2 are with flash, others are without flash and as close to true colors as i can get it. You can see one is showing more of a White Scorpion type of pattern, that fish has a lot of yellow on it.

Humble beginnings.
This is the White Scorpion looking one from above.

This is the fish in the first two pictures, on the left.

bunker_1

Large Fish
Mar 24, 2008
Cincinnati
21 adults? How many tanks are you running? I have 10 juvies in a 55 and I do not think there is enough room so I bought a 150g. I would like to know how you decide how you seperate them.

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
Well most are sub adults, so i don't usually follow the 1 fish per 10gals rule. Shhh ;) However i do daily or every other day WCs so i can get away with it hehe. I'm running 3 growout tanks and 2 breeder tanks.

How you seperate them depends on what you are doing with them. If you just want to keep them, a hodge podge mix is no problem. Though i try and keep similar size fish together and not have big and small together. If you are breeding just for experience, then again a hodge podge mix of strains shouldn't really concern you that much. I have mine seperated mainly by parental base. Pigeon Blood based fish in one tank, Blue based (Diamonds, Cobalts, Turqs) in another tank, then my other tank has the newest ones in it. The Wild Crosses and Snakeskin based fish (Penang Eruption included).

Each tank was setup with those fish in mind, so the tanks acted as their own QT tanks, then turned into permanent homes. Now i can mix and match as i see needed because i see i have no problems with any of the fish.

If i see a pair forming i either wait to assure its a good pair or go ahead and move them over to their own breeding tank to play around with them and see what i can get. I seperate them by strains mainly to get the mix i want when breeding occurs. Most people perfer not to mix PB with other strains, but keep it with other PB strains.

55gal: 2 Brilliant Turqs, 2 Blue Diamonds, 1 Cobalt, 1 RR Intermediate (my big male), 1 Gold Melon (Only exception to the PB in other tanks)
40gal: 4 Tiger SS, 2 WildxAlbino Cross, 1 Penang Eruption
40gal: 4 White Butterfly Throwbacks, 1 Marlboro Red
20gal: 1 Cobalt, 1 Alenquer
20gal: Empty, waiting on a pair

I just moved my RR Intermediate x Gold Melon pair out of one of the breeders trying to reform a pair and not get a PB cross. We'll see as they are still both in the same tank, but with other fish. Trying to build their relationship back up, or see if they choose other mates lol.