which one ???

tintin

Small Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
:Dhello guys and girls....
i have some gouramis, angelfishes, swords and zebras... ;D

which is the best bottom feeder....i have 30gal with 400 sq.in
of base.....medium natural planted......

thnx...

R

ronrca

I hear corydoras are a very good choice. Hardy, dont grow very large and are peaceful. Never had any yet but hope to soon.

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
Yes cories are the best! They're great for a community aquarium. I have some in my 30 as well. I think they do best in large groups of about 4 or more. You could also consider a pleco. ;D

Oct 22, 2002
you have to add clown loaches...mine dig there "snouts" into every nook and cranny of my 30 gal..my panda cories do an adequate job in my 10 gal..but nuthin beats my 4 loaches!

Matt Nace

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Pennsylvania
My bottom feeder are.

14 bronze cories.
2 baby albino cories.
4 melina cories

The cories are awesome.

I have 4 weather loaches(3 gold, 1 common)

These guys are good cleaners too, plus they dig and go under the gravel.(good if you have no plants where they dig, bad if you do.)

2 yoyo loaches. Ok ..when the food is out.Do dig for some food when it isn't.

I wouldn't get a pleco, unless you go with a gold pleco, or a pleco that doesn't grow large.I perfer ottos to plecos.

I have 10 ottos(6 in a fully planted 30) 4 in my q-tank.

I have 6 plecos, which eventually I will get rid of.

kitten

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
kuhlli loaches would be good, they don't get big and they're always scavaging around the bottom.
I have bristlesnose cats, and they're excellant at cleaning algea...cories do ok....my new rt sharks are the best cleaners i've seen, but i wouldn't put them in your tank.

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
Kuhlli loaches ??? I've never had any but you wouldn't think they would do a very aduquate job on cleaning! I might have to try them then.

Anyone know anything that eats pleco poop? Mine is seeming to love to poop everywhere now! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Help! ;D

Khulis are adorable little squirmy guys. They can fit into little cracks and sit in the middle of plants to get at food other fishies may miss. They are more shy than cories. Get them buddies and they aren't too bad. The java khulis aren't as shy as the regular striped guys.

I have in my 55 gallon:
7 peppered cories
3 khuli loaches
4 otos

I have in my 20 gallon:
4 bandit cories
3 java khuli loaches
2 otos

I don't know what rope fish are but I usually think of khulis as miniature clown loaches. They are so silly and cute. I've seen them hide underneath my cories who don't seem to care. Sometimes they bury themselves in the gravel with only their heads and tails sticking out. They'd love it if I had sand instead of gravel. They have the tiniest little eyes too. They have lots of barbels. Corys swim around sticking their mouths and noses in the gravel looking for food. Khulis stick their whole head in between the gravel. ;D

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
[quote author=MaleRubyBarb link=board=bottomfeeder&num=992528181&start=0#11 date=06/26/01 at 08:32:24]
Ryan..the only thing that eats my pleco poop is my Python when I vaccum. :) ;)
[/quote]Yes that's what I was afraid of ;D Mine loves to eat it too. ;D :D :) 8)