When will those swordtails have some fry????

MissFishy

Superstar Fish
Aug 10, 2006
Michigan
Livebearers don't have eggs...they have live fry...

Anyways, IMO from the pics, it doesn't appear your female is pregnant at all. It is possible that you got an infertile fish, but with all the new females, you're bound to have at least a couple fry survive until you can spot them in there! I agree with the colors, it's hard to find velvets around here, and they are so pretty!

f8fan

MFT Staff
Nov 19, 2004
Bangor, Maine
hmm, all the research I have read about red velvet swordtails state that they are all red, but maybe I'm mis-informed.
Any-who. I like the ones I've got. Regardless of their name and/or coloration - they are a stunning little fish with their umblemished red color.

May 1, 2007
MI
You have red velvets. Red wags are all red, but have a black tail (and sword if it is a male). Here is a site with red velvet swordtails.
Buy Swordtails for Sale at AquariumFish.net where Buying a Swordtail Fish Fun.. The picture is bad, but it is a red velvet. You can order from them here too.
Buy Puffer Fish and Pufferfish for Sale at AquariumFish.net, where Buying Fish is Fun.. There are some more puffers if your interested. I think shipping is $20-25 here, but the fish are of GREAT quality.

f8fan

MFT Staff
Nov 19, 2004
Bangor, Maine
ha ha. I'm all set with puffers (I have four F8's) so I'm not even going to LOOK at that link ;) I can see a serious case of MTS about to attack if I did!!
I'm lucky that I have a great LFS that will order whatever their customers request (within reason).