What type of goldfish are

Katome556

Large Fish
Oct 16, 2006
Russell,Kansas
ok for a ten gallon tank as a temporary tank?

i'd like to get a goldie at wal-mart tomarrow i've always loved goldies and i'm getting rid of my minnows tomarrow *my fish friend wants em* .My first fish was a goldie and he/she lived in a ten gal by her/his self.I just wanna know would it be ok to get a goldie for the cycled ten gal?
i'd be willing to do water changes every 2 days on it and have 2 Hob filters on the tank *if needed* I've always had an unopened can of goldfish food on hand for if i ever got one and i know they need veggies so what would i need to do?

I'm also set on getting a pond soon after my family moves*in april*.

Sep 6, 2006
NS, Canada
I would say a fantail or something fancy along the lines of that. I know they only need 10gals per fish permanently, so that could be a good choice. Comets on the other hand need 20 each.

Not sure how many water changes you'd need to do, but if you're only getting one for a ten gallon I'd say just regular changes, like once a week.

Fuzz16

Superstar Fish
Oct 20, 2006
Wellsville, KS
none...MINIMUM a goldfish needs 20g+10g for every fish after that.
keepin a goldfish in a 10g will stunt him and you may have trouble with nitrites, thier messy fish and when you feed them, the food goes STRAIGHT through them.

how long is temporarily?

Katome556

Large Fish
Oct 16, 2006
Russell,Kansas
Pooy, i really like the little buggers and i feel sorry for so many coming in and getting crammed in a little tank just to wait for someone to pick them up and put em in a little 1 gal jug or worse slowly dieing from high amm. in the store.

wal-mart should just like stop already.

Katome556

Large Fish
Oct 16, 2006
Russell,Kansas
18 cents per goldfish i think it was,i hate seeing fish epically goldies and bettas suffering their my two favorite types of fish.

i'll tell you one thing my betta flame could barely swim when i first got him,now he's a swimming champ and he was one of the healthy ones there if he would have been sick i don't think he would have made it.