What kind of Shrimp is this?

Mar 4, 2011
Ok...So I originally thought this was a Ghost Shrimp. I didn't purchase it knowingly. It was a hitch hiker when I purchased my Amanos. It was recently suggested in another thread that I may have a Red Clawed Shrimp but my LFS doesn't even carry them. Anyone have an idea as to what this is?

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2011
Ya know what, I just looked at my Amanos and they don't have those claws or shiney insides. They also have a larger "hump" to their backs.... Hmmm. Its possible they mixed up the shrimp at your LFS, they are little.
Yeah. It's definitely not an Amano or a Ghost Shrimp. I'm stumped? My LFS doesn't even know what it is.

Just thought of something funny...about 1 month after I brought this guy home, I was cleaning my tank. I happened to grab a handful of gravel to move around and I felt a sharp pain on my middle finger. Felt like a bee sting. I was like WTF!? and dropped the gravel. Then I noticed him. That little bastard cut me with his claw. I had like a 1/8 cut in my finger and it drew blood. This guy is brazen and always trying to show me who is boss. Even when I clean my glass he attacks the scraper. Lol