What kind of gourami?

AndyL

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Calgary AB
Hey folks,

Just trying to find out what kind of gourami I've got in my 20g, the LPS said it was a sunrise dwarf gourami (Doesn't look anything like the pictures I saw) They're currently about 1/2" long, they're a very Bright yellow in color, the tails/fins are a very bright red in color.

I can't seem to get a decent picture of them, but you can see on in the bottom left hand corner of this picture (munching on the val... Grrr!)

Ideas? TIA!

Andy

AndyL

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Calgary AB
[quote author=info_searcher link=board=betta&num=1030849894&start=0#1 date=09/01/02 at 06:15:22]
Maybe you can give us a better pic? From what I see it could even be a platy.
[/quote]

Ok took a few more pics... Still having trouble getting them to stay still, and getting them properly focused, but I did what I could, these were the best pics I could snag.

Apologies for the water color (angels didn't fit in the Q-tank, so they had to be treated in tank, and the gouramis came from the same tank at the LPS...)

Andy

colesea

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
NY USA
Gold Gourami (bright yellow with spots, not a dwarf species) or Honey Sunset Thicklip (a dwarf species that is a beautiful creamy butterscotch color). But the picture is pretty fussy, sorry it's a bit difficult to give you an exact answer.
~~Colesea

AndyL

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Calgary AB
They're solid yellow (no spots or stripes). Fins are bright red like you can see (actually a lot brighter than the pictures)

Ideas? I'll try to get better pictures, but it seems like the pictures either dont turn out, or the darn fish move; and I get a yellow blur :)

Andy

AndyL

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Calgary AB
This is the closest picture I can find to my fish on the net...

http://www.aquahobby.com/gallery/ghoney.html  

Except the red fins aren't there...

Every picture I've looked at looks nothing like my fish... See the dillema? Is there a gourami enthusiasts forum somewhere?

Andy

AndyL

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Calgary AB

I think its a bit clearer... Lost one of the gouramis, the other two were looking very emaciated (behind the gills they've gotten super thin) moving them to the 10g for now (hoping its just the meds in the 20g that were causing the trouble)

They didn't seem to be eating (except chewing on my plants).  *Sigh* more fish troubles!

Andy

colesea

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
NY USA
They definately look like honey dwarf gouramis to me. You may have males, which will have brighter color and red on the fins.  I have a female which does not have red in her fins, but she's exactly the same bright color as those two, which must mean they are extreamly happy fishies!
~~Colesea