Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
Well here is my 60G SW Tank.
Equipment:
29G Sump (refugium)
Turboflotor 1000 Multi Protien Skimmer
No Power Heads but we have a Water Current Director
Corallife Aqualunar Light 48" (260 Watts)
Inhabitants:
10 Nassarius Snails
7 Scarlett Hermit Crabs
3 Turbo Grazers
3 Dwarf Red Tip Hermit Crabs
2 Barred Dartfish
1 Snowflake Eel
1 Maroon Clownfish
1 Neon Dottyback
1 Pixie Hawkfish
1 Lawnmower Blenny
1 Yellow Longnose Butterfly
Corals:
1 E. Quadricolor Bubble Tip Anenomie
Yellow Gorgonian
Xenia
Keny Trees
Zooanthids
Green Ricordia
Green Trumpet Coral
1 Long Tenticle Plate Coral
1 Hawiian Feather Duster
Green Star Polyps
Yellow Scolymia

Toam

Large Fish
Jul 27, 2005
Grove, Oklahoma
Wow! beautiful tank
I'm definitely jealous. Every time I see a tank like that it makes me want to try a saltwater tank out, but to be honest I'm just nervous as to how much work it can be.
Your tank looks great gupy_newbie, definitely something to be proud of;)

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
Wow, I love it! I really like the way you have your LR arranged, with the big piles on the sides and the open "cove" area in the middle. That neon dottyback is very nice too.

seastaar88

Superstar Fish
Feb 1, 2004
middletown, CT
spike, snowflake eels are one of the "home aquarium safe" eels that really aren't aggressive like, say, moreys and are generally pretty mild-mannered. plus they stay fairly small reaching lengths of 30".

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
Thanks a bunch for all of the comments. I am really satisfied with the turn out myself. I figured that this would be the safest way for my corals. The Anenomie will be able to move all over the rock on the right side and will have all that room to expand. But I can still have my corals on the other side (yes I know that I still need to be careful). I am really amazed at how much swimming room that created. Thanks again for the comments. I really appreciate them. :D

Spike: In fact my Eel and Dottyback (which happens to be the smallest fish in the tank) have formed some sort of bond. They are always together and the Eel never even chases him. Its kind of neat to watch.

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
To give you some sort of idea I have spent about $5,000 on my tank easy. But that is after starting with a 29G and ending with my 60G. It may vary with you, it all depends on what you want to do in the end. Its expensive but FUN!!! O and thanks for the good comment. ;)