what could these be???

Matt Nace

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Pennsylvania
:)
I noticed last night before I went to bed, my one 30 gallon had eggs all over the glass. They are round, off-white with a dimple in the center. They are at two locations on the back glass. One cory often goes up to them and then swims away. Are the cory eggs?!

My fish in this tank are
8 Albino cory cats
4 zeb danio
2 giant danio
2 pearl danio
5 neons
7 Albino black neons

Danio eggs are round and white, which when they bred for me were scattered on the bottom. These are stuck to the glass, and no they are not snail eggs.

Well done Barb, I can almost guarantee you have corydoras eggs, you will find your other fish will quickly eat the eggs.
If and when they breed again(which they will) use a razor blade and carefully lift them off the glass, then place them in to a breeding trap or plastic container with water and aerate until they hatch.
I have done this and managed to save a lot of the fry, all in a margarine tub. 8)

Matt Nace

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Pennsylvania
;)
darn you are on the ball i just posted that. Yes the danioes keep pecking them, and ruined a few. I hid the lower bunch behind rocks, and nobody seams to get them the other I will do as you suggest.

Thanks

On the ball? YES. I have just turned the pc on, this is always my first port of call.
If you want to raise the majority of the fry set up a small tank with the same conditions.
When ready transfer your cory's.
They will probably do nothing for about six weeks, but do not worry, once they have spawned they will spawn about every two weeks.
I find a water change with water cooler than your tank will usually trigger spawning.
Somewhere on this site is another answer I put up dealing with cory breeding.
GOOD LUCK.  ;D Found it: Panda Corys.

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
Barb- You are so lucky! I can't get anything to breed! My firemouths are males I think but they are still small so I guess we'll see. Anyways what kinda corys are they?

Ryan ;D

Matt Nace

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Pennsylvania
They are albino C.paleatus (rapheal corie)

It wasn't on purpose.

They went from a dark amazon setting with much softer water, and tinted peat filtration, little current and very low light to

A bright tank with tons of current(from my UGF powerheads and sump), many more active fish, mirrored background (which they love) and hardly anywhere to hide.

Just luck I guess.
I am guessing that their fry wont all be albino.

kitten

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
How gorgeous! I want to breed my peppered cories, but i think i have all males, and they're from the same batch. When you guys buy them for breeding, do you get them from different stores, or all from the same place? Do the wholesalers mix the batches up? I really don't want to inbreed anything.

Matt Nace

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Pennsylvania
I bought mine all from one store and they bred without me trying to. I hope cloth is correct as he said they will breed again. I only have about 3 that I see hatched, 5 got lost or eaten. I have some good eggs and a lot of bad ones that my darn danios got to.
Ever want to get rid of a fish(danioes) and when you finally goto do it, you think" I guess not". That is me. I don't like them, but they are like 5 years old so I hate to give them up.

Oct 22, 2002
I got all mine from the same place usually a fish store has so many batches inbreeding doesn't matter.But inbreeding actually doesn't matter how do you think they got all those beautiful strains of bettas and guppies :)

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
[shadow=Red,direction,width]Barb- I know what you mean. I hated to give away some of my cichlids but I had to. I mean 7 cichlids in a 29 gallon it was getting out of control! Fins missing and everything. Once again all of you are lucky who can get your fish to breed! I hate you.... j/k

Ryan ;D[/shadow]

Inbreeding of corys is quite natural, you will not find the usual deformities, once they start breeding they will usually keep breeding.
I have 9 albino paleatus in a 45 gallon and they breed every two weeks, all the eggs are eaten by the other occupants.
They will always breed true,ie:albino babies from albino parents, you will get mixed broods if you mix the natural coloured fish with albinos.
Kitten read the Panda corydoras reply of mine, they really are quite easy to breed.
If anyone would like a more in depth article please give me a shout. 8)

Matt Nace

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Pennsylvania
:'(

Well I had the eggs in two seperate containers. I had about 7 fry hatched in the one. One escaped down a hole, so I didn't want the others to get out, well when I tried to get them to the second tank, The eggs remained but the fry went through my net  :( . I lost them.

I then had all the eggs in one tank. Unfortantly some of the eggs were ruined from my danios. They started fuzzing before I could seperate them, then the others got it too. So I only have 2 fry out of all this.

They are little cory fry though. ;)

So, i learn for next time to leave them alone.