what about pirahna?

Jul 16, 2003
www.piranha-fury.com
I have had reds that were very interesting and some that were pretty skittish. If you really want to get into piranhas, there are so many different types that deserve looking into. For pygos like Nattereri (red bellies), you can mix it up and get P. Cariba or P. Piraya, both are beautiful fish. Or the yellow variant of P. Nattereri is much thicker and a great fish. I have a mixed pygo tank with larger Cariba, Piraya and both yellow and red nattereri....a great tank. My favorite piranha tank is S. Geryi...a totally different type of piranha and a wonderful tank. For a single species tank I have a 16" S. Rhombeus that is just a beast and a wonderful show piece.
Moral of the story...there are a ton of different species of piranhas out there that can give many people what they are looking for in a fish.

Managuense

Superstar Fish
May 16, 2003
Springfield, MO
after reading my post, i think i came off the wrong way.

what i SHOULD have said is yes, piranha can be just as interesting as any other fish.....the problem is that many people have no idea how to care for them properly...which can lead to not only the fish suffering for it but also give the hobbyist a dislike for the hobby.

i have seen both good piranha tanks, and VERY VERY poor piranha tanks.
M

Jul 16, 2003
www.piranha-fury.com
I think piranhas are one of the most mistreated fish in the hobby. They are purchased for the wrong reasons and the utter lack of knowledge by lfs that sell them is amazing.
They are an wonderful species when kept well as Managuense said, but all too often they are kept in very poor conditions.

Jul 16, 2003
WI
Visit site
Originally posted by Grosse Gurke
I think piranhas are one of the most mistreated fish in the hobby. They are purchased for the wrong reasons and the utter lack of knowledge by lfs that sell them is amazing.
They are an wonderful species when kept well as Managuense said, but all too often they are kept in very poor conditions.
Sing it sister! :D