what a deal!

Franky099

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
southern Ohio
www.aquabid.com
I emailed my LFS today about that 130 gallon tank for 999.99   They told me that since I have been looking at that tank for so long (lol) that they would sell it to me for 800.00!!  WHOO HOO!!!!  It includes a stand, canopy, glass top, and lights.  I still dont know if I should use the pure florite, or a mixture with gravel...and what kind of filtration should I use???  All of your suggestions are GREALTLY appreciated!!   I love you guys!  I wish I could pluck some of you out of my screen so you could come help me!!!  

R

ronrca

Good for you. Im happy for you :) A lot depends on what you can afford and also what you want and need. For bigger tanks, I say caniters plus wet/dry or other type. There are so many different types of filters available. I dont recommend ugf however. Gravel is a personnal preference. Check my tank out by clicking the www button.

R

ronrca

Be sure to check out http://www.notcatfish.com/core/index.htm They have many very good articles about tanks.

Matt Nace

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Pennsylvania
You are obviously going with a planted tank...because you want flourite..right?

I wouldn't in that case go with a wet/dry of any kind. Maybe a Magnum 350 or Eheim Pro2. Then have additional powerheads for current. Or 2 canisters if you need it.If you have the cash and have the time, 100% flourite is the best, but I am sure 50% mix with small gravel would work fine. The lighting will cost the most. I thought I said this before...hmmm de ju vous maybe?

BTW..the fish store by me had a 120 with stand for 600. I was saving up for it...now it is gone.  :(

R

ronrca

Your right! If it is planted I guess you dont need a wet/dry. There's also the Filstar XP-3. I like it!