Well, after much debating...

Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
I have decided to get the new EheimPro II filter model 2026.  I can get it from PetWarehouse for $149.  Which is a lot of money for a filter, but worth it I think, as it will elimimate the surface agitation in my planted tank.  Do you have to buy tubing or anything to set these up or do they come ready to run?  They give free eheim media with the purchase of this filter, so I am not worried about that.

How hard is it going to be to set this puppy up? I have a feeling it isn't plug and play like with the Penguin Bio Wheel.  I haven't been able to find any site that tells how to set one up.

Jan

Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
So, if I were to get one accessory with this, do you think it would be better to get the prefilter or the surface extractor? Keeping in mind I had a pl*co with a huge poop problem and a surface scum that just won't go away.  I don't think you can run both on the same filter. Doesn't look like you can anyway.

Jan

arcab4

The Big Fish
The Big Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Sunny Southern California
congrats welcome to the world of cannisters! haha. once you experience cannisters, you'll never go back.

everything is packaged and ready for you. it should come with tubing and media.

it's easy to setup. hook up the tubing and spraybar etc into your tank. put the media into the filter, fill it up with water and then plug it in!

you'll be amazed at how quiet it is. that was my first impression. i thought i didn't turn it on at first. haha. let me know if you have anymore questions.