Welcome to the DIY section!

arcab4

The Big Fish
The Big Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Sunny Southern California
Hello! Welcome to the DIY section. I hope you guys will fill this section up with important questions and useful information! Thanks again for visiting!

- johnny (arcab4)

tony

New Fish
Oct 22, 2002
i hope this works.  

i just picked-up a 135 plexi from a plastic co that made it, but the retailer never purchased it.  i got a great deal!

but, it has a back corner closed off for filteration with a large hole cut out in the bottom of that corner box.  something not around when i was in the hobby many moons ago.  well, i will make use of that, but my question is what connections do i need make it a leak-proof set-up?

i want to go to the local hardware store to get the right components (probably pvc) to make this happen.  please, if you can, provide a link of what it should look like so i can get the right stuff.  thank you so much!!!  if no photo on the net, just a list of parts would be much appreciated...

tony

tony

New Fish
Oct 22, 2002
i've seen these used for fresh also.  i will be using a sump-like filter, but i need to know how or what parts to use to connect to that hole in the bottom.  i know, from what i've seen, pvc is used.  but i can't see in the stores exactly how it mates up to that hole.  if anyone knows, please share.  thank you!

Oct 22, 2002
I got a 15 gallon tank for $5 with a hole in the bottom like that. I just bought some plexi and glued a piece over the hole (inside the tank) with silicone. It worked like a charm. Granted, there's a lot more pressure with a tank of your size, but if you got some of that heavy 1/4" stuff at Home Depot I bet it would work. Remember, the water pressure will push the patch down and there should be very little risk of a leak if it's sealed properly.