wat to put in a 10g?

kato

New Fish
Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
this is my 10 tank i only have one damsel in it rite now but i would like to put some other things in. what can i put in a small tank like this?

levia7han

Large Fish
Aug 20, 2003
Nebraska
Visit site
check out nano-reef.com I just found the site and am looking into starting my own nano reef in a 10g. I would ask some questions but I did read that you can put clown fish in a 10g. 2 of them. But if you have a damsel then prob just one.

They also have a list of all the corals and stuff that are good in nanos.

hope this helps. I realy dont know a whole lot about it myself. How did you set your 10 up. and how long have you had it.
Lev

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
damsels are to aggressive to be kept with much of anything in a 10g....in fact, two fish is going to be the max in a ten gal and many times one will be the limit depending on what you have...to keep a pair of clowns you will need a mated pair as they are fairly agressive with each other

kato

New Fish
Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
hey lev i have had my tank set up for about 2 months now. i started with some crushed coral and then added some LR. i am new to the salt water seen, i just did the 10g to see if i would like it and i DO!

i also realy want to add some corals but dont know if the light i have will be good enough. i have a cabinet light an imput voltage of 120v and power of 18w current of 0.29a and input frequency of 50/60Hz if any one could shie some light on the light i ahve and tell me if its any good i would realy apreciate it
thnx

levia7han

Large Fish
Aug 20, 2003
Nebraska
Visit site
kato. thats cool. I was out today and just about got some live sand and started my new tank... But LR is so expencive. So Im going to wait another month i think. Im still working on my other tank. I cant find the lights I need anywhere in town here. I guess no one in the midwest needs Daylight bulbs.

If you want to have corals you need alot of light. Even in a 10g. it seems there is not watts per gallon rule. 50-96watts is what I have seen some people put on theres. And it has to be white and a special blue light that they use too. At least thats what I could gather from the stuff I read. nano-reef.com is your best bet. They have good articals. But there board is a little mean. So be prepared if you ask them any questions.
Lev