Wanted: Cheap/free fish

Jan 16, 2011
I am getting into breeding and would like to breed mollies, convict cichlids, oscars, crawfish, guppies, and anything else we can breed easily. I am starting out breeding various species to have a healthy selection of feeders and I plan work my way up to breeding exotic catfish. I have several aquariums lying around that are empty and in need of fish. I would like to have a large variety of genetics to reduce inbreeding and promote recessive traits. I have learned in my years of animal husbandry that I prefer to deal with private breeders rather than commercial fish factories. I will pay for shipping and handling if someone has any extra fish lying around and are willing to part ways with them away either for free or at low costs. I do mean anything. I am not doing this to make money, this is simply a hobby of mine and I would be very grateful to anyone who can help me add to the diversity of my breeding stock and expand my knowledge of aqua culture. My e-mail address is jd@sakina.com, please e-mail me if you can help me out. I am trying to acquire a broad knowledge of all aquatic lifeforms, and in order to attain this knowledge I want to have direct contact with as many species as possible. Even if no one will sell/donate fish, thanks to everyone at Monsterfishkeepers for sparking my interest in aquaculture.