Want to start 10 gal. NANO REEF!!!!!

Sep 21, 2004
Grand Blanc, MI
Visit site
Hello, everybody.

I would like to turn one of my 10 gallons into a saltwater nano reef.I need the equipment I would need, testkits, salt, rock, filters, light, and all s.w. only equipment.I need to know all avg. prices on this equipment.Also, if you see any current good deals, or you are selling any of this, let me know.....blueyedgurl@charter.net

Sep 15, 2004
Tucson, AZ
Visit site
Some of the better deals i have seen are petsmart.com when they have free shipping and 20 percent off $75 or more. For example, in the store an emperor 400 goes for 80 bucks, online i get it for 35-40. Also, i have heard good things about an al's something or other on this website. You might want to search for it or if someone knows it they can post it.

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
but...there really isnt a reason to buy most of the stuff petsmart sells. as far as price, i would say you are looking at at least $500 to get the system running. in the other saltwater section (non-nano) there is a good list of important things you will need (its stickied at the top)...information is number one on that list so do a lot of reading first. there are several posts in this section about people setting up ten gallon nanos so i would read those as well, then come back with any further questions you might have...it is too much information to convey all at once...without writing a book