Used Tank but new to me !!

Hi all i bought a new tank 2 months ago and been in my garage well i finally started cleaning it and it was filthy, it use to be salt by now i'm making it into a freshwater tank for my cichlids, ok so on to the question
what can i do to get rid of what appears to me is oxygenation but i've scrubbed and scrubbed with vinegar water combo and a algae pad
i even used a razor blade and i just can't seem to get it out, I let it sit for a day full of w ater in the garage
and it appeared that the oxyegenation cleared up a tad well now its in its final spot in my house and full with water and cycling and i turned the lights on it
i have a canopy with 4 T8 5000k 4ft bulbs
bright as hell almost looks like a reef tank
i might have to put a actinic bulb in there to help ?
and those marks are even worse now with the lights on and being bright, IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN USE TO CLEAN IT ?? i'll drain the tank again if i have to !

dattack

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Well you are doing the right thing. WIth salt water tanks, it's a lot of calcium deposits and lots of leftover algae types.

If it's an acyrlic tank, I would only use vinegar and a cloth because it scratches very easily. If it's glass, something rougher and even a little bleach will help out also.

You just need a lot of elbow grease. That's all.

I've had hard water stains like that on my tanks and had luck with shower cleaner. I can't remeber the brand name right now but its the foam that you let set for a while. Lime away type products might also work. After soaking the glass I scraped it with a razor blade. The products I've recomemded are very strong so Do plenty of rinsing afterward.