updated piranha pics

TaffyFish

Superstar Fish
Jan 30, 2003
Visit site
I like your 75g with that mean looking diablo, I musn't say "ugly" ;-) Just joking! What else is swimming around in there - a surviving feeder?

As a complete aside, what's the deal with that wall? the tank and water seem to give a level, so how come the blockwork is so pissed?

TIGER9

Medium Fish
Oct 22, 2002
indiana
-taffy- the other fish swimming in the tank is a giant danio. its been in there for almost a year. weird thing is i put all types of different feeders in there and diablo picks them off quick. but that danio is never touched. he doesnt even try to get him.

as for the basement wall, what can i say. its an old, OLD house. n things arent in the same place they used to be. as things get older they start to sag.LOL.

Oct 22, 2002
tiger, the danios are quick swimmers.
I have a small school of piranha (5-6) and they don't touch danios, rope fish or arawana

have you seen the video on the net of a pack of 7 piranha in a 75g tank devouring a mouse?
its intense!

TIGER9

Medium Fish
Oct 22, 2002
indiana
-geoffgarcia- well danios are quick but not quick enough, just yesterday the spilo. finally got him. kinda sad about that i might buy another n see if the last ones long stay was just a fluke.
n yea i have seen plenty of videos like that. saw one of a shoal of piranha tearing up a big-a$$ rat. it was pretty ferocious.