Update - It's been awhile

It's been awhile since I have been around here. I've scoped out a few familiar names, still hanging around :) A lot has changed lately, the 40g was driving me insane and my 36g was completely empty. So of course I decided the 36g needed to be built back up (I know I'm constantly rebuilding and swapping these tanks) so I started to build it a little bit ago. The 40g became a bit scarce with plants because I moved quite a few to the 36g, but I'm working on building the plant population back up. I did divide my Madagascar into two parts to place in two spots in the 36g though.

As for the fish and invert species, they are pretty much all the same from the upside down catfish, cardinals, rummies, von rios, silver tips, loaches, cories, shrimp, frogs, etc -- the usual crew. However I have a new angelfish; Sprocket the blushing angel. There was Sprocket and Wrench but Wrench died; he looked ill in the pet store, ripped fins and such I thought I'd give it a go and revive him, but he didn't make it.

So here are the two tanks and Sprocket (yes I still have that hideous spray bar in the 36g, sadly it still works too perfectly for me to want to switch it...).

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
I still like that 40gal the best lol. it must be that DW piece. watch out for he angel. once it grows to 7" tall or so, its going to start acting real territorial, will eat shrimp and smaller fish. I have one black angel about that size(7"+) in my 40 gal flatback hex.

I still like that 40gal the best lol. it must be that DW piece. watch out for he angel. once it grows to 7" tall or so, its going to start acting real territorial, will eat shrimp and smaller fish. I have one black angel about that size(7"+) in my 40 gal flatback hex.
You always like the tank of mine that isn't my favorite :p Yea, I was planning on just having the two angels in there period, nothing else. They were put in there with two otos I guess, but the one angel died so now it's just going to be that guy. I don't want more fish, turning into a plant fanatic. I just missed some of my plants that weren't doing so well in the 40g (lol!) so planted them in the 36g and they're growing well :)

P.S. How is the shrimp bowl?! I definitely miss following your threads.

(Are you still on that other fish forum, goodness I forget the name of it, was going to roam around on there since I have more free time).

I absolutely love the shrimp bowl, they look great. Oh those CRS how beautiful! I love CRS, even if they weren't the "elite" of the shrimp crew, just a great color scheme. You have great tanks Newman, someday I hope to have some as healthy and captivating as yours.

Gotcha! That happened to me a bit ago, I haven't been here on MFT in months between college and my new job, way too busy. Hopefully you pop over every now and again though, it's nice to hear from you.

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
I appreciate the kind words, but most of my tanks are just casual setups, not anything amazing and showy like some of the higher quality planted tanks out there haha. I also do not have the time nor money to build a tank that good yet, but someday i will.

Keep updating these two tanks once in a while, I am interested in seeing what they grow into :)