Todays Project

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
Didn't turn out to bad, for me, all I could fit in the space was the MP 40 stuff, was hoping to fit the Apex in there, just not enough room. The empty space on the bottom left is for the second battery back up. The bottom cable tray is just sitting there, I need to add a piece of wood to the bottom to mount it to. I have a place in mind to put the Apex, but that is for another day.

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
I got a rare day off today so thought I would work on control panel 2. I was having coffee with the wife before she left for work ( I am going some where with this, bear with me ) she said I ought to just put the control panel at the opposite end of the tank stand from where I put the other control panel. I had thought about that, but knew there was a reason I didn't want to do that, I couldn't think of the reason at the time, decided that the reason was because some of the wires plugged into the Apex might not reach all the way to the Apex. Sooo, did some checking, everything would reach the Apex, I decided to put the Control Panel on the left side of the tank stand instead of at the front of the tank stand, in front of the Top Off tank. Wife leaves for work, I am 2 hours into cutting my boards and painting them, painting pretty much takes all day to get 3 or 4 coats of paint on the boards. In the mean time, I am taking down the Apex, Top Off tank controls, Gaming box and removing the boards they were mounted to. Around midday I am ready to start mounting the boards and then my Alzheimer moment went away, I realized why I didn't want to put the Control Panel on the side of the stand. Above and behind my Top Off Tank is a shelf where I mounted my dosing pump, I don't use it yet, but its sitting there on the shelf. Behind the Top Off Tank and below the dosing pump shelf is where my three one gallon jugs will set to feed the dosing pump, they aren't there yet, but that's where they will go. If I put the Control Panel on the side of the stand, I can't get the jugs out, felt like an idiot forgetting about that. I was getting down to the last of my wood and most of it had been cut to go on the side of the stand, which is a smaller area than the front of the Top Off tank. I made do though and got the boards repainted and mounted. l also got the cable trays cut and mounted and all of the equipment mounted. The wires are still all over the place, ran out of energy, so that's for another day.

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
Well, kinda bad news, this could only happen to me. Before making the Control Panel for the wires from Apex, Tunze Top Off stuff, the gaming box for the wireless network, I also had the wires for the three power converters for the 3 AI Sol Blue LED lights to deal with. The wires for the LED lighting and the power converters weren't going into the control panel. I was still going to have them mounted inside and under the tank stand, the wires were still tangled up with all the other wires though. So I started turning equipment off, untangling wires and moving the equipment to the control panel, After I got everything into the control panel that was going in there (turned out really nice) all I had left to deal with was the LED lights. I got the power converters re mounted where they needed to be and hooked the lights back up :( two of the lights came back on, the first one in my string of three lights didn't and the AI controller didn't. After sending several E-mail back and fourth to AI this morning telling them what was going on, they had decided the mother board some how got fried. I think they are going to send me out another mother board :( but those are out of stock till next week. I will post more when I find out more. After working on both Control Panels for 3 Sundays, 1 Holiday, one rare day odd and one sick :) day, turn it all back on and a mother board for one of the lights is fried Geezzzz

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
Got the reply from AI, they will send the new board out next week I just have to pay $10 for the shipping cost. Can't beat that deal :)

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
Update with what I have been doing with my system over the last month and a half. Just wish I hadn't messed up my AI Sol LED lights doing it :( That 1 1/2 months is only about 2 1/2 weeks worth of work, I don't get much time off, worked on it when I could. I also have a NexReef reactor coming for running Carbon. Couldn't take that Two Fishes Reactor any longer.

First up the Algae Scrubber:

21 Days of growth today:

Control Panel for the MP40 Equipment

Control Panel for the rest of the Equipment:

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
Got the reply from AI, they will send the new board out next week I just have to pay $10 for the shipping cost. Can't beat that deal :)
Just to update this post: Justin, the man I have been dealing with from Aqua Illumations, is sending the board out to me today :) along with a referb Controller.
So I am hoping to have that light up and running next week. He's a good salesman though :) He has talked me into to sending him two of my
Sol Blue LEds to have them upgraded to the Vega LED light. I need three lights over my tank, so I am going to buy the third Vega from the LFS, that will give me 3 Vegas for the display tank. I am going to keep the third Sol Blue LED that I have to put over my soon to be SPS quarintine tank. I am going to keep the light that he is sending the new board for.

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
Just to update this post, got the new board in today, hooked it and and we have lights again on the broken light. The
down side is that they didn't ship the Refurb Controller together, so I have no way to control the lights, hopefully the
controller will come in, in the next few days or so. I picked up the new NexReef reactor yesterday and the second battery
backup for the MP40s, Hurricane season is right around the corner :( I wanted the NexReef reactor for running carbon and I
ordered the Med. sized reactor, its really to big for that, so I am going to order the NexReef Shorty reactor for carbon and
keep the Med. sized reactor for GFO. Right now I am running my GFO in my Bio Pellet reactor, since I took the Bio Pellets off line.