Threads.

I was wondering what other peoples opinions are, on the subject of keeping fish orientated threads on the subject instead of wandering off into bullsh.t and fantasy?
Anybody noticed Barb is missing from the site,WHY?
Does anybody actually use the chat room that arcab worked hard to set up?
Does it really matter?
Just thought of something.
If we all use one line crap answers to subjects we could all soon have 1500 posts.8)

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
I must admit I am one who likes to wonder off. It is so hard for me. I will try to keep it do a minimum and bring them to the lounge.

I always want to use the chat room but no one is ever there. I will type it in and wait but no one will ever show up. I'm trying to find time. Lately I havn't had the time.

Who knows why Barb is gone? Maybe he's having personal problems or he's just got better things to do.

Yes it matters.

Is that one line crap answer and 1500 post thing directed at me?

There every part is answered. ;D

Oct 22, 2002
yes it makes me crazy..when i see a new reply to a post(hopefully some good info) and its just some useless crap...i like this site, but can't we keep the mindless chit chat to the lounge..amen cloth   ;D

arcab4

The Big Fish
The Big Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Sunny Southern California
hi guys,

please keep non-related fish threads in the lounge section. when you reply to a fish-related topic, please reply only with useful content/opinions and not talk about non-fish related information.

i apologize for the lack of updates to this site recently. been very busy with other stuff. one of the first thing i'll do is stop lounge topics from showing up on the top 20 topics. that way you won't have to sort through non-fish related topics.

thanks for the input. keep up the great work. we're growing everyday.

Johnny

scrimman

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
www.caprok.net
As is yours, Cloth (& Arcab, & owned, etc.).
Thanks for opening up the new "yak" thread, Ryan.
I too get irritated by some of the "dithering" that happens in perfectly good threads. It's nice to see that a polite cease and desist was requested, rather than everyone breaking out the flamethrowers and blazing away.
Bodes well, I think......

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
Okay you guys I have now opened a thread to where we can carry on our converstions instead of on the fish related threads. I must once again say sorry. I think we all know I am the one who does this. ;D I realize it and I will try to stop. I'm glad this was not an attack but more of a hint. That's the way to do it. By attacking someone you just anger them to do it more but this was nice so I'm gonna try. I have started myself on a rehab program as of yester day and....... ;D (jk) I can do this one on my own. ;D

arcab4

The Big Fish
The Big Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Sunny Southern California
here is a suggestion...i know i search for older posts about specific topics but most of the time, they're cluttered with more non-fish related replies.

what do you guys say about me and a few people going through most of the posts and deleting replies that aren't necessary in that thread. the only downside is that your total post counts will drop but i don't think that's a really big problem since most of you will make it up quickly.

what do you think.

Johnny

scrimman

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
www.caprok.net
Arcab, it's a good idea, but I think you're busy enough as is.  You've spent enough time just making this place where we can disscuss our addiction, er, hobby.  If you want to, knock yourself out; but I think your time would be better spent enjoying your creation.
My suggestion is to leave things as they are and we just watch ourselves.  If we notice someone clutter-posting, just politeley warn them via personal message it's not really appriciated here and to take it to the chat forum.

Then, if that doesn't work, whip out the Ronco U-Blast-Em Plasma Flamethrower (tm) and go to town! ;D

I think we've already found a fix to the problem (rather than fixing blame).  

Ryan, you may be a person who clutter-posts, but you're not the one who does it.  There are others.  I try to stay on subject, but I'm fairly sure I've done it too.

p.s. does anyone else remember Ronco, or am I dating myself? 8)

D

discusaquarium

ooh yeah i tend to go way off subject also. i'll try to stick with fish   ;D sorry to any disgruntled fish posters.. 8) im very sorry if i have made you mad.  :p

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
Arcab I think we get the point now that's it's been brought to our attention and it is going to stop. I don't find it necessary to go through and delete all of the old post. You can if you like but I think you should focus your time and energy on something else than that. ;D Just my opinion. ;D

Ovrclckd

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
[quote author=scrimman link=board=general&num=991955842&start=0#11 date=06/08/01 at 10:09:04]
p.s. does anyone else remember Ronco, or am I dating myself? 8)
[/quote]

Look at us go! We're going off topic on a thread about going off topic... well its the lounge. Ron Popeil is second* my hero tho :)

(kitten is my first hero  :-*)

Matt Nace

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Pennsylvania
I would appreciate it..I love this site..and dont mind an occasional off the subject comment....but they sometimes go about 10 post off the subject.

As cloth said, I am stressed for time..and give up looking through the posts.

Thanks. ;)