This guy is pretty predatory :)

Who needs evolution when you've attained perfection! Bowfin date back to the Mezozoic Era, Jurassic Period - more than 150,000,000 years ago. Imagine fishing for bowfin while dodging a T. Rex and Tricerotops It's amazing that these fish have survived unchanged for all those years, that they are among the toughest fighters to swim in American waters, and yet they get little respect. How many b@$$ anglers have thought they had on the new state record from the size of the fight, only to discover a lil ol' mudfish? While those two-pound bass are sulking because a front moved through, that little five-pound bowfin is more than willing to take your lure or bait and then try his best to bust your tackle. Weak points in your rig? He'll let you know. below is one i took in MidWest Indiana this past summer, he now resides in a 150, Sharrrrrpppp teeth :)

Feb 27, 2009
Who needs evolution when you've attained perfection! Bowfin date back to the Mezozoic Era, Jurassic Period - more than 150,000,000 years ago. Imagine fishing for bowfin while dodging a T. Rex and Tricerotops It's amazing that these fish have survived unchanged for all those years, that they are among the toughest fighters to swim in American waters, and yet they get little respect. How many b@$$ anglers have thought they had on the new state record from the size of the fight, only to discover a lil ol' mudfish? While those two-pound bass are sulking because a front moved through, that little five-pound bowfin is more than willing to take your lure or bait and then try his best to bust your tackle. Weak points in your rig? He'll let you know.

Source: Bowfin Anglers Group - What is a Bowfin?

**sigh**

Feb 27, 2009
since you guys seem more intent on causing trouble than anything, i wont bother you with any more of my rantings :)
I don't think it was 'you guys' more than me. Irks me when folks take 'credit' for writing something that they did not.

I'm guessing you don't really have this fish in a 150 gallon?