The get to know everyone else thread!

HI my name is Alex

1. How old are you? I'm 12.5

2. What are your living arrangements? townhouse

3. What do you drive? too young to drive

4. Whats your favorite drink (non-alcoholic)? aloe vera drink9(i like the grape flavour)

5. Whats your favorite restauraunt? i like mostly all restauraunts, but mostly thai restauraunts

6. How many fish do you own RIGHT NOW? I have about 14 fish, 3 snails and a colony of red cherry shrimp

7. What is your newest pet? 2 flame gourami, 1 small "golden mystery" snail

8. Its 9am on a typical Tuesday morning...what are you doing? I'm usually at school

9. Why are you filling out these questions? just because

10. What type of music do you listen to? I like chrono cross and bleach OST just not really heavy rock

tom91970

Superstar Fish
Jan 2, 2007
Tejas
www.myspace.com
Hi my name is Tom...and this is an update.

1. How old are you? 36

Now: 45

2. What are your living arrangements? Own a 5 bedroom/2 bath home

Now: same house

3. What do you drive? '02 Toyota Tacoma....'04 Honda Accord...but I mostly drive a company car which is a Chevy Impala

Now: Jeep Liberty Limited and another Honda Accord. Mostly drive the company car, which is now a Chevy Traverse

4. Whats your favorite drink (non-alcoholic)? cranberry with black cherry

Now: I mainly drink water these days

5. Whats your favorite restauraunt? Fiesta Tacqueria (local place)

Now: Logan’s

6. How many fish do you own RIGHT NOW? 1...but I received a 29 gal tank for Christmas that I will be stocking when the cycle is complete

Now: I have no idea, really. I went from having eight tanks to just two: a 29g with maybe 15 fish and a 55g with just one.

7. What is your newest pet? beta (which my daughter named 'Nemo')

Now: some of those in the above mentioned 29g

8. Its 9am on a typical Tuesday morning...what are you doing? I'm at work in my office drinking coffee and surfin' the 'net (on company time, of course)

Now: still the same, but I’m not drinking coffee at the office these days

9. Why are you filling out these questions? Because you asked me to...

Now: Because I haven’t been to the forums much in the past five or six years and to see how much my answers have changed.

10. What type of music do you listen to? metal, classic rock, '80s new wave....I have over 3000 titles in my collection to choose from so you can imagine it is pretty eclectic

Now: I listen to pretty much what I did back then. Since I’ve last been on MFT I’ve had a job in radio (until the station went dark). I co-hosted a psychedelic show on Sunday night, hosted a call in show on Friday night (classic rock) and hosted a metal show on Saturday night. I enjoyed being a local celebrity and getting fan mail (ok, it was all from prison inmates).

I currently own an aquarium maintenance business (see, I've put all the good info I learned here to good use). This is a part-time gig, just something I do in my spare time for extra cash to buy things I really don't need.

Jul 28, 2016
Canada
Hello there! My name is Mary.

1. How old are you?
I am currently 26

2. What are your living arrangements?

Renting a one bedroom house, saving away for a house of my own. Preferably with a large basement to house my addicting fish keeping habbit! lol :)

3. What do you drive?

93 Honda Civic SI

4. Whats your favorite drink (non-alcoholic)?

Coffee,Coffee, let me see... ah yes! coffee :)

5. Whats your favorite restauraunt?

Anywhere where theres a plate,fork, and knife.

6. How many fish do you own RIGHT NOW?

10 total. 1 Dwarf Gourami 1 Bristlenose Pleco (which im starting to think its actually a common pleco.. YIKES) 2 White Skirt Tetra's and 6 Black Skirt Tetra's.

7. What is your newest pet?

Newest would be the 6 Black Skirts. Soon it will be a Betta or Two.

8. Its 9am on a typical Tuesday morning...what are you doing?

Either at work, sleeping or browsing the site. Enjoying my morning brew.

9. Why are you filling out these questions?

Because its always nice to meet new people, and through a common hobby there is lots to discuss.

10. What type of music do you listen to?

Well I personally really enjoy my oldies so The Rolling stones, The Beatles, Johnny Cash, Joe Strummer, Steve Miller, Fleetwood Mac, Tom Petty, Eric Clapton, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Steve Earle... Blah i know im forgetting tons of artists i love but anyway. I also like some of the 'newer' rock Nirvana, Foo Fighters, Metallica etc. Also enjoy some classical from time to time as well. All that said and done, I am however a HUGE reader. Usually mystery novels.

Last edited:

tom91970

Superstar Fish
Jan 2, 2007
Tejas
www.myspace.com
Hello there! My name is Mary.

10. What type of music do you listen to?
Well I personally really enjoy my oldies so The Rolling stones, The Beatles, Johnny Cash, Joe Strummer, Steve Miller, Fleetwood Mac, Tom Petty, Eric Clapton, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Steve Earle... Blah i know im forgetting tons of artists i love but anyway. I also like some of the 'newer' rock Nirvana, Foo Fighters, Metallica etc. Also enjoy some classical from time to time as well. All that said and done, I am however a HUGE reader. Usually mystery novels.
Wow...I haven't seen anyone post in a long, long time with such good taste in music. I've seen several of those over the years (including Petty multiple times). Good taste...or maybe I'm just showing my age.

Jul 28, 2016
Canada
Why thank you :) I did have a good 'teacher' I basically grew up with all this music around me, which while im sure i complained as a child about it, I freaking love it to this day. Hahaha could be your age showing :p or you just have an excellent taste in music, like i because it certainly isnt my age showing!. I've been told by many that I was born in the wrong generation. :) Oh lord i forgot Bowie, and Lou Reed, Springsteen... yikes the more i think about it the more i know im missing LOTS on that list haha

Last edited:

big54bob

Superstar Fish
Dec 20, 2006
On my office chair playing Runescape
HI my name is deffinatleynotbob
1. How old are you? I'm 22

2. What are your living arrangements? Parents' basement

3. What do you drive? 03 Grand Am

4. Whats your favorite drink (non-alcoholic)? Screw the rules beer and whiskey

5. Whats your favorite restauraunt? Anywhere I haven't been

6. How many fish do you own RIGHT NOW? 0 but my brother has a family of convicts that would give the deep south a run for there money.

7. What is your newest pet? Coonhound

8. Its 9am on a typical Tuesday morning...what are you doing? Sleeping or just waking up/

9. Why are you filling out these questions? I been a member for 10 years and have ignored this thread, gotta start somewhere amirite?

10. What type of music do you listen to? Depends on the day.

tom91970

Superstar Fish
Jan 2, 2007
Tejas
www.myspace.com
Wow...that just show's how long I've been on this forum: Bob's old enough to drink now. Despite the fact that I'm having a birthday in two days, I'm feeling that much older now.

Oh, and as for the answer for #4...two thumbs up (one for the choices, and another for being the rebel that you are).

brian1973

Superstar Fish
Jan 20, 2008
Corpus Christi, Texas
Hi my name is Tom...and this is an update.

1. How old are you? 36

Now: 45

2. What are your living arrangements? Own a 5 bedroom/2 bath home

Now: same house

3. What do you drive? '02 Toyota Tacoma....'04 Honda Accord...but I mostly drive a company car which is a Chevy Impala

Now: Jeep Liberty Limited and another Honda Accord. Mostly drive the company car, which is now a Chevy Traverse

4. Whats your favorite drink (non-alcoholic)? cranberry with black cherry

Now: I mainly drink water these days

5. Whats your favorite restauraunt? Fiesta Tacqueria (local place)

Now: Logan’s

6. How many fish do you own RIGHT NOW? 1...but I received a 29 gal tank for Christmas that I will be stocking when the cycle is complete

Now: I have no idea, really. I went from having eight tanks to just two: a 29g with maybe 15 fish and a 55g with just one.

7. What is your newest pet? beta (which my daughter named 'Nemo')

Now: some of those in the above mentioned 29g

8. Its 9am on a typical Tuesday morning...what are you doing? I'm at work in my office drinking coffee and surfin' the 'net (on company time, of course)

Now: still the same, but I’m not drinking coffee at the office these days

9. Why are you filling out these questions? Because you asked me to...

Now: Because I haven’t been to the forums much in the past five or six years and to see how much my answers have changed.

10. What type of music do you listen to? metal, classic rock, '80s new wave....I have over 3000 titles in my collection to choose from so you can imagine it is pretty eclectic

Now: I listen to pretty much what I did back then. Since I’ve last been on MFT I’ve had a job in radio (until the station went dark). I co-hosted a psychedelic show on Sunday night, hosted a call in show on Friday night (classic rock) and hosted a metal show on Saturday night. I enjoyed being a local celebrity and getting fan mail (ok, it was all from prison inmates).

I currently own an aquarium maintenance business (see, I've put all the good info I learned here to good use). This is a part-time gig, just something I do in my spare time for extra cash to buy things I really don't need.
I heard Logans is closing a bunch of restaurants, I am still waiting on that quote to do maintenance on my tanks, been waiting for a year..maybe I need to do a yelp review..lol