"The Black Pearl" 29gal..any ideas?

XChurroman

Medium Fish
Jul 23, 2004
Arizona
www.magikkingdoms.com
..pulled it out of storage today and set it up..only thing is now I can't decide what to put in it...angels, guppys, puffers, eels, cichlids, shrimp? ..I just can't decide, what would you do? (although I did decide on Tahitian Moon Sand :cool: )

AndyL

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Calgary AB
LOL, to me it screams out for some salt, live rock and a few saltwater fish :)

I think its the overall shape/design of the tank, looks like a SW setup more than a freshwater tank to me.

Andy

XChurroman

Medium Fish
Jul 23, 2004
Arizona
www.magikkingdoms.com
Originally posted by AndyL
Yeah, the background might have something to do with it...

BTW are you sure that isn't a 37? Looks awful tall to be a 29

Andy
Good question Andy! The dimensions are 24"L x 21"H x 12"D....I just ran it though an aquarium calculator on another website and came up with 99liters or 26.05263157894737 gallons... LOL!:)

bigfoot150

Superstar Fish
Dec 17, 2003
Alameda, Ca
Visit site
Wait a min isn't this rate my tank. Well lets see to rate your tank.... well it looks sorta empty. Don't get me wrong I love water and the colors blue and black but I mean thats it. [/sarcasm] :D

Well really that tank looks pretty good to start out with. I wouldn't recommend plants unless they are the plastic variety becasue you don;t have enough lighting. You can change that of course but seeing as you already have the substrate in there I think it would look good with some big rocks and some cichlids. Shell dwellers would definately be cool in a tank like that as someone mentioned above.

MrMup04

Superstar Fish
Aug 13, 2003
looks nice, although you might want to add some more plants for the guppy fry .... if your gups are female..

other than that, it looks great. what kind of sand are you using?