The amazing tank at my school... (big pics)

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
Just thought I'd share with you. This thing must be about 350-400g... it's around 6' long and 3' high and deep. And it's insanely understocked, with only 2 clowns, 4-5 chromis and 2 foxface rabbitfish.

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
And for comparison, this tank is also at my school (University of New England). It is around 100g and is horribly neglected, but also understocked (3 clowns and a damsel).

This one is also neglected but you can't tell as much, it's next to and the same size as the neglected SW tank. Stocked with just whatever kind of mbuna those are and a few hoplo-ish catfish.

Feb 6, 2005
Waterloo, ON Canada
That top tank is beautifull, I'm guessing it is apprx 400g 72"(L) x 36"(W) x 36"(H) It looks like the tank I just picked up and am selling only mine is 24"(W) making it only 280g.

Camaro I believe you are correct "halimeda" I used to have some of that until it got eaten up by my urchin before I traded him. I really like the look of it when grown out like that... very nice!

I wouldn't say the tank is "understocked" as I don't think you can understock a tank... giving more swimming room, territory and feeding grounds to fish is a "good" thing! :) But I understand what you mean, as they could easily accomidate many others in a tank that size.

How long has the big one been running?