the 300

philo25uk

Small Fish
Mar 23, 2010
some of u may know that i have bin thinking of upgrading well that time has come.

tank is the rio 300
47x21x24 which is bout 350 ltrs

its going to bit a long build has i need to get everything for it but hopefully i can use some of the equipment from my tank now to get in up and running quicker

its going to be a mixed reef meanly softs and lps and maybe some sps if i bring my self to do it but will see yet.
lighting it going to be aquaray got three already so hopefully another 2 or 3 will do or might go with t5s i know i don't want mh.
its not going to be sumped i think thats the plan at the min but it might change.

plans for livestock haven't really though bout it fancy a another yellow tang or a naso tang or maybe a shoal of something don't know yet.

time for some pics

all ideas welcome
thanks for looking

philo25uk

Small Fish
Mar 23, 2010
update time got most of the things i need for the tank eg skimmer filter heater uv unit few bags of sand pipe work only need powerheads and lights hopefully should be up and running for jan feb time.

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
idk, this might be a bad idea if you know you'll make some sort of water quality mistake, but IMO it would be good to get the SPS early because if you get small frags, remember they take a very long time to grow into impressive and visually pleasing colonies...just thought you should start on those that take perhaps the most time to grow :)
Although I know most corals grow slowly.

philo25uk

Small Fish
Mar 23, 2010
thanks for the tip. haven't bin on for abit bin having pc problems. well lights and powerheads have bin ordered lights r 54w t5's which will be running with my aquarays leds. powerheads r 2 korilia 4's. hopefully will be wet for jan

philo25uk

Small Fish
Mar 23, 2010
well just order the Reflectorsfor the t5's rails for the aquqrays and flaps for the tank. also got some very good news the tank will be up and running in jan its going to be the first week in jan. well looking forward to it.

bin doing some thinking about stocking too. its going to be what i have at the min. group of firefish a coral beauty then a another tang not sure which yet

philo25uk

Small Fish
Mar 23, 2010
its bout 93 us gal

Well its time for the story of 2011 so far. THE TANK IS WET yes the tank is up and running its bout 3/4 full but ran out of water no big problem getting it full 2mora and filter uv and skimmer r not on at the min water level is too low for the skimmer and filter needs some clips and sucker of the pipework into the tank and uv needs some cable ties to keep the pipe on other than that everything else is running. so far there is bout 17 kg of sand and 23kg of live rock.
water is still dead cloudy any enough of me talk some pics

philo25uk

Small Fish
Mar 23, 2010
everything has bin transfer over and everything is coming out slowly but looks ok tbh all the fish r staying one side of the tank and peacock wrasse r in the sand so won't see them for a fews days and got me a little lipstick tang.

within 5 mins of added it

will post some videos in a min