Tank Trim Repair

TwistedGA

Large Fish
May 24, 2008
Paducah, KY
Hey everyone, I've been doing a lot of searching online for replacement trim for the top and bottom of my 55gal tank. Over the course of it's life it's been in and out of the weather and the plastic has cracked in several areas. It's still holding water perfectly and all the seams on the glass appear to be good.

I haven't been able to find any answers to where one can purchase these types of things, the only sites I found were deadends with nothing listed. Any help woudl be greatly appreciated! Nice site btw, liking it already! *celebrate

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
Welcome to the site :)

As far as I know, you can generally buy the trim through your LFS (local fish store), as they can usually get it from the manufacturer/distributor. It would help if you know the tank brand. I don't think I've seen them for sale online.

TwistedGA

Large Fish
May 24, 2008
Paducah, KY
Welcome to the site :)

As far as I know, you can generally buy the trim through your LFS (local fish store), as they can usually get it from the manufacturer/distributor. It would help if you know the tank brand. I don't think I've seen them for sale online.
Is it something that really needs to be in original form or is there a method of creating it on your own? I can only imagine how much pet smart would want for ordering something like that.