tank problem

RyanML

Small Fish
Aug 18, 2010
hey all,

I know this is the equipment forum, but hey a tank is kind of equipment, my tank (4ft, 30gal) has kinda decided to split itself apart, see photo

(click thumbnail)

I couldnt really get a great picture as the lighting is funny by the tank, but as you can see the centre support has come away from the back of the tank

is this somthing i can repair as i dont really want to buy a new tank but im not liking the thought of it maybe being weak since this has gone?

what would be the best way of going about this?

thanks for any help

Feb 27, 2009
I've never heard of a tank 30gallons that is 4ft long. 40gallon long, 55gallon, 75gallon etc are often 4ft long.

I personally wouldn't try to repair a support beam that has pulled loose due to stress as I'd be afraid of it failing.

djm761

Large Fish
Mar 21, 2011
I've never heard of a tank 30gallons that is 4ft long. 40gallon long, 55gallon, 75gallon etc are often 4ft long.

I personally wouldn't try to repair a support beam that has pulled loose due to stress as I'd be afraid of it failing.
I'm going with OC on this one, when you can get these tanks for a dollar a gallon its not worth the risk.