Tank glue?

FishChick

Medium Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Wisconsin
I need to "glue" something to the side of an acrilick(sorry I really can't spell) Is their any thing I can use that will work with water in the tank?  It would be a real pain to empty the tank.  There are a few hundred small fish that would need to be moved if I drained the tank.  

Matt Nace

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Pennsylvania
Look at a hardware store like home depot they should have something you can use.Like for sealing PVC pipes, just dont get anything that has an anti mold/fungus in its ingredients.

Bombay

Small Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
Don't use silicone in a tank with water.  Silicone is poisonous until it cures (24 hours).

Instead, use an epoxy like you can find at www.thatpetplace.com.  Do a search under puttys and sealers.

AQUA STICK EPOXY PUTTY STONE GREY 4 OZ
Excellent for attaching live rock, stony corals, gorgonians, aquatic plants, and other landscaping items. Non-toxic to fish, invertebrates, aquatic plants, reptiles, and small animals. Works on dry, damp, or wet surfaces, and cures underwater. Adheres to glass and bonds to wood, glass, concrete, ceramics, acrylic, metals, and fiberglass. Aquastik can be drilled, sanded, sawed, and machined. Safe for fresh and saltwater.
You Pay: $ 7.49----In Stock: Yes

HOLDFAST EPOXY STICK 4 OZ AQ SYSTEMS
BONDS ROCK, CORALS, SLATE & MUCH MORE. SAFE FOR FRESH & SALTWATER, NON-TOXIC TO FISH & INVERTEBRATES. MIXES IN 1 MINUTE & CURES UNDER WATER. CAN BE SANDED, FILED OR DRILLED AFTER 1 HOUR. USE TO BOND LIVE ROCK & CORAL. USE TO BUILD WATERFALLS & CAVES.
You Pay: $ 7.99----In Stock: Yes

You don't have to buy it there, but make sure you get something that is non-toxic and works under water.

You could also rig something up with suction cups.

Bombay