Super cloudy water

Jul 20, 2012
Hi I just set up my new 10g nano 3 days ago. Having alot of issue with cloudy water. I am using the aragonite sand I bought at petsmart. I rinsed it out really well. Then I added the sand to the tank and then the instant ocean salt on top of it then fill in with water (bottled distilled). It was instantly cloudy which I figured would happen but it hasnt gotten any better. I didnt want to add the filter I had and the powerheads since it was so cloudy. But I gave in and lastnight put the filter (Penguin mini with a biowheel) in to see if it would help at all. It didnt help on bit so I am on here asking if anyone can give me some pointers. I am new to saltwater and have ready the great step by step nano tank building on this site and a few other build threads online.

Jul 20, 2012
Hi right now I have 9 pounds of cured figi liverock. Going to shoot to get some zoanthids, mushrooms, and star polyps for the softies. Fish wise was still thinking on doing either two clowns or a clown and a purple firefish. I have some time so was thinking still *twirlysmi. My LFS has a nice selection of fish and corals to choose from.
gear I have for tank
-20" T5 HO Aquaticlife light
-100watt heater
-Penguin mini with a biowheel
-Regent (Wal Mart) Powerhead 170 gph- seen a thred that did a nice stock tank with one of these

Last edited: