Sun Cat not Eating

exhumed07

Superstar Fish
Apr 30, 2006
Illinois
OK I was worried at first about my sun cat eating my labs since they are still small. I know my cat is predatory but there is no predation. no eating at all. I bought him 4 days ago and he wont come out of the plant. I even bought some fozen brine shrimp thinking it might at least make him a lil hungry smelling meat in the water but no he just sits there. and if any pellets land in front of him or an algae disc he pushes it away and throws a fit but stays in the plant. and I know he aint stuck cause I pushed him out one time just to see if he was alive. Now is it normal for him not to be eating? all the fish I have ever gotten before started eating withing hours of setting them loose. Thanks for any info.

Jan 1, 2007
cville, il
first off, how big is he? can he eat maybe feeder guppys or something similar? some fish are just more picky eaters than others. sometimes fish are only used to eating live fish and need to be weened to prepared food. my puffer would only eat ghost shimp and snails for almost two weeks after recieving him, ( purchased form the internet, by the way) but now readliy takes all types of food offered to him ( wish i could get the wolf fish and gar to be that cooperative!). give him some time and be patient. some fish just need a little more time then others. by the way, how are your blue dolphins doing in the mix?