Suggestions

fishboy

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Cincinnati, Ohio
Well, since my cories died for a reason unknown :'(

I need suggestions on what fish to put with discus that i will eventually be getting???I was thinking like 3-4 otto'sand maybe some type of tetra??? Any suggestions would be helpful............

Thanks,
               Daniel 8)

fishboy

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Cincinnati, Ohio
Oh, shoot i knew i forgot something :-[ ;D IT is a 20 GAL tank and i want to put 2 discus in there at about half dollar size which eventually i will get a bigger tank for them 8)

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
The ottoes sound good and also I would suggest some cardinal tetras. They are a good tank mate for them. ;D How big a tank are you planning on getting for them? ;D

G

geoffgarcia (Guest)

I tried about 8 cardinal tetras 3 at a time, they all died...or were eaten or something...I figure it couldn't be the water conditions cuz they lived for 3-6 days each batch then disappeared...dont' know if the discus ate them or what....

fishboy

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Cincinnati, Ohio
[quote author=cowboydude link=board=discus&num=996422894&start=0#4 date=07/29/01 at 13:49:20]
The ottoes sound good and also I would suggest some cardinal tetras. They are a good tank mate for them. ;D How big a tank are you planning on getting for them? ;D
[/quote]

Hey, Ryan i will prob get a 40 maybe..............if i'm lucky 8)

Ron, that does sound like a good idea

Everybody else any more suggestions ??? 8) ;D ;D ;D ;D

D

discusaquarium

i'd raise the discus by themselves in the 20 for now. then when you get a bigger tank, set that up with your 2 discus and maybe some cardinals and some ottos and rams. if you try and over do it in the 20 the nitrates will skyrocket. also, you can save more $$ before buying your discus instead of buying tankmates, then afterwards, put your $$ toward the 40. eh thats just my opinion though.  :p