Straight from Malaysia! :)

Pure

Elite Fish
Nov 1, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
wow those are nice fish man. Very clean lines. Where did they come from..exactly?

Was that your first time having fish imported? Nerve wracking ain't it!

Oh and what the heck did you use for a background?

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
Thanks again. Sent you a PM Pure. The tank is painted with Indoor/Outdoor paint on 4 sides. I've painted most of my tanks like this....i LOVE it. I don't think i'll ever go back to using a paper background.

Just to give you an idea of Adult coloration of these fish i've borrowed a couple of Kenny's and Forrest's pictures. All photos and fish are credited to Kenny Cheung Home Page and Discus Forrest of Malaysia.

These are adult Penang eruptions (About 5")

These are adult White Butterfly "Throwbacks"

Heres to happy growth so mine look like that! :D

Last edited:

Rayneuki

Large Fish
May 29, 2008
Memphis, TN
Some of those make marine fish look plain!

They're beautiful... And BTW, the paint idea is great. Guess that adds yet another + to wooden tanks. Don't have to worry about doing it after the fact! n_n

I do agree with kissyboots... That one fish is all "O.O!" like "Oh noes I'sa fallin!"

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
Very much so. I've always had the bug, just now i have space, tanks, and the drive to dedicate myself to this single species. What amazes me about discus is no matter what batch they come from, even if they come from the same parents....ALL of them are different in some way. Like fingerprints, snowflakes, and zebras. All have differences in pattern

Here are a few more.

Group

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
Heres a few more updates for everyone! Fish are fat and happy! They are eating like crazy and coloring up nice. First up are the Penang Eruptions. They just got done eating when these pics were taken, still bulging hehe.

These WB Throwbacks have some of the reddest eyes i've ever seen in a discus.