Sparkling Gourami?

Jul 18, 2011
underwater
For Christmas or whatever I'm thinking of getting maybe 3-4 Sparkling Gouramis and a 29+ Gallon Tank. Does anyone
know how long they live? One website said they live 2 years, and another said 10 years, so I'm really confused.
Also, I would like to know if LiveAquaria.com is a good place to purchase them, but I'm not so fond of the
$29.99 minimum purchase rule. If anyone knows a quality website to purchase Sparkling Gouamis at that DOESN'T
have a minimum purchase rule, that would be gr8.
Also, are SG's fun fish to have? *twirlysmi

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2011
underwater
Oh yes, if there is a more peaceful gourami out there, I would like to know about it. Please bear in mind that they must be smaller than 3 in. And they don't even have to be gouramis. I'm just looking for a gourami because they are top swimming fish. So, please give suggestions.

KcMopar

Superstar Fish
I recommend you use a locally owned fish/pet store, skip the big box places like pet smart and the internet. Support you local economy if you can. You also save a ton on not having to pay for next day shipping. Many times your local pet store can order fish if they do not have them. Gourami's I have had in the past lived at least 5 years.

Hanna87

Medium Fish
Mar 21, 2011
Iowa
I have recently gotten two orange dwarf gourami in with two kribensis cichlids a sword tail four black mollie fry that are about 1/2 inch in size. They get along great. When I had gotten them I was also worried about them being aggressive, but my lfs said otherwise.