SomeThing awesome

se7en2686

Medium Fish
Jul 24, 2011
Richfield Ohio
First off please forgive my grammar and spelling as I'm using my iPod apparently in the last 15 mins my laptop went kaput. Anyway 2 months ago I noticed my betta had a large groth just below his mouth. I assumed it was dropsey. I was told it was there for good the lump that is. Anyway I stepped up my water changes to about 50 percent n just noticed today it's all gone. So my question is it wasn't dropsy what was it lol. Or is it curable . I'm happy one way or another lol just thought I'd ask

achase

Large Fish
Feb 1, 2010
British Columbia, Canada
I don't think it was dropsy because I'm pretty sure there is not cure for dropsy. I'm not sure what it was....maybe like an infection that produced a growth or something.
Water changes are always good! Was it 50% every day or week??

se7en2686

Medium Fish
Jul 24, 2011
Richfield Ohio
I normally do a 15 percent every week. but when I found that it was twice a week 50 percent water. I donno if it helped but I'd take water from the tap into buckets 3 days pried let em sit. then use it for the change I was thinking it couldnt hurt lol n it didn't . I don't have any good pics of it but it looked just like dropsy. When he wasn't acting strange I had guessed I caught it early. Just has me stumped now that it's gone. I had assumed he was gonna die so I was just trying to make it as comfy as I could yanno.