some corals

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
i got a rock with some assorted mushrooms today and also what was described to me as a "Fire polyp" though i cant seem to figure out what the heck that is...thought it was just a "sun polyp"...will be feeding it as if it was a sun polyp and see what happens...anyhow, heres two pics

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
the money isnt such a problem as the time consumed with maintenance and feeding...the financial key is to go slow...make sure things are working properly before you get something new, etc etc....no more purchases for me until sometime in sept...

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
sure thing....pick up Fenner's "The Conscientious Marine Aquarist"...itll help ya get your feet wet <bad joke> and go from there....ive read that, ive read a book called "Marine Aquarium" which was pretty good...flipped through the "SW aquariums for dummies" and it was ok...you will find conflicting ideas everywhere, but fenner is great b/c he gives a perspective on the effect reefing has on nature as well so i would start there

the moral is: dont keep anything you arent pretty darn sure you can keep alive...and start slow cause you can kill lots of stuff and at the same time waste lots of money...and ask around here too...we are getting more members with good sw knowledge every day

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
oh, fyi i figured out what it is: its a flowe pot coral...it will die, that just seems to be how it goes...and i am very displeased withh the lfs i purchased it from so yah...oh well, there you go...ive reenforced in my mind the previous belief i had that i should never buy anything best on the revomendation of lfs people, no matter how knowledgeable they are