sick tuxedo swordtail

MTRX

Small Fish
Jan 19, 2013
Austin Texas
facebook.com
he's been laying on the bottom for a couple of days. goes after food sometimes, doen't go after females, travels on his belly along the bottom. spends all day clamped up at the bottom. any ideas??

MTRX

Small Fish
Jan 19, 2013
Austin Texas
facebook.com
he's the only one who's sick eveeryones having a feild day in there. he's been in there for a couple of years. did a vacuem and 50% waterchange last night. i think maybe a bladder infection, or he's just an old man.

MTRX

Small Fish
Jan 19, 2013
Austin Texas
facebook.com
i doubt it. a) he's the only one out of many swordtails who's been sick. b) there's no way of getting an accurate reading of the levels when he got sick, because i vacuumed and changed the water out last night. everything should be as low as possible now. waters different, and all the waste has been removed. since i cleaned it everyones acting the same. all the other swordtails and live bearers are happy, and the egg layers seem to be very content aswell. chances of it being a nitrate or ammonia problem are low to nill. i think he got into fight or ate a baby trumpet snail or something. putting him into quarantine tonight with more fresh water, and start treating him for swim bladder infection just incase.