SICK GOLDFISH PLEASE HELP

Nov 20, 2016
OK SO MY GOLDFISH HAS BEEN LIKE THIS FOR A WEEK OR SO HIS SIDES ARE BLOATED AND HE STAYS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE TANK OCCASIONALLY GOING TO THE TOP FOR AIR I THINK AND THEN FLOATS DOWN TO THE BOTTOM AGAIN. HE HASNT EATEN FOR A WEEK AND HIS UNDERSIDE AND EDGE OF HIS FINS ARE TURNING WHITE. HE IS LOSING SCALES WHICH IS LEAVING WHITE SPOTS AND I DONT KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO!!! PLEASE HELP I'VE HAD MY FISH FOR 8 YEARS AND THE PEOPLE AT PETSMART COULDNT TELL ME WHAT TO DO. I TRIED THE PEA DIET BUT HE WONT EAT AND I PIT EPSOM SALT IN THE WATER BUT I DIDNT SEE ANY DIFFERENCES. HIS FINS ARENT CLAMPED AND HIS SCALES ARENT PROTRUDING. I FEEL LIKE HE'S CONSTIPTED BUT NOTHING IS WORKING. HE LITERALLY STAYS IN THE CORNERS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE TANK. PLEASEEE HELPPPP

Attachments

FreshyFresh

Superstar Fish
Jan 11, 2013
East Aurora, NY
Do you keep other fish in this 20g with the goldfish? Good to hear you do indeed change water, but I'd do weekly water changes as opposed to every other week. Keep in mind the beneficial bacteria don't live in the water column. They are attached to the biological portion of your filtration and attached to the hardscape in the tank. You can change 100% of the water and it should do nothing but help.