Sick Betta? Please help

Aug 23, 2011
My poor little fish

I did a tank and water change for my betta yesterday .... my fish went from swimming around and blowing bubbles to laying on the bottom of the tank... Whats wrong with my poor fish ... :-(

Thyra

Superstar Fish
Jun 2, 2010
Yelm, WA
You do not give enough information so that we have any place to start. You say you changed both the tank and the water? How did you clean it? What about water temperature? Was it the same water source? Did you do anything at all differently and how long have you had this betta?

K5Rita

New Fish
Aug 31, 2011
Oregon
I find that if a Betta is sick (not being active) it can be a cause from over feeding, the water temperature, too much chlorine in the water, not being able to get enough oxygen, or being housed in small tanks for long periods of time. Like said above, we need more information to help you. But if you are not sure on whats wrong with your Betta (besides he is not moving around a whole lot) then my suggestion is to make sure to keep the water as clean as possible (change 25% of the water daily.). I would also suggest not feeding him for at least 3 days. (Betta's are accustomed to not eating weeks at a time) Make sure to check the water temperature at least 2 times a day. Betta
s thrive the best when water is kept between 70 to 78 degrees. (so adjust water temperature accordingly.) Other than those suggestions I am not really sure.. like I said I would need to have more information to help you further.