Shrimp Question

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
A few of you may know i'm starting a 15gal nano real soon, all equipment has been ordered (AC HOB Filter, Heater, Hydrometer etc..) and should arrive soon...then comes the LR and water and then the cycle etc. But anyways i was watching a movie the other night, a documentary rather about coral reefs and it started talking about this shrimp. "Bulldozer shrimp". Said it was pretty blind, or nearsighted so it shares a burrow with a goby. It cleans the hole while the goby stands watch. And the shrimp always keeps an antenna on the goby. I think its an awesome reef relationship and was wondering...would a bulldozer shrimp be an option for a nano? Are they even imported/exported? Hard to keep? I've searched the web but with little results, so i havn't gotten a lot of info. I just found the relationship between the two so cool! And watching films of it was even cooler.

Well it just kind of tickled a brain cell so i was just wondering about it. Thanks. :cool:

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
not sure about "bulldozer shrimp" in specific, but generally it is the pistol shrimp which form symbiotic relationships with the gobies so it is probably one of those...and they are mostly blind so that might be what you are after...

hope that helps a tad

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Try looking on the ususal sites for pistol shrimp or alpheid shrimp. Commonly exported, but can be challenging to pair with a goby