Show-off Your Bettas Here!

temull2

Small Fish
Apr 28, 2009
I didn't even notice his blue stripes until I put the mirror up! His fins are kinda nipped-looking, but surprisingly, he came from Walmart. (I like to think of it as saving him. haha)

Oct 15, 2010
my bettas!

My bettas...that I actually have pics of...more to come! None of them are named...Maybe you guys could help me:p The blue and white ones fins aren't so seperated...very round and together after healing.

The orange one has spawned...will post pics in the next post...max of 5...:mad:

Attachments

Oct 15, 2010
forgot to ad: The female that I spawned with the orange guy has fish TB...must euthanise.:( I guess that it will be nice to at least have something like her-still have some healthy fish from the spawn- better than nothing.

Jan 8, 2009
Richmond,Va
i normally dislike the crowntail breed, but that one does look awesome, i cannot deny it :p

Thank you Newman.I personally was never a fan of bettas, but i aquired this betta from a friend who breeds CTs,DTs,HMs,and Kings..I couldn't resist this guys color.Made me feel patriotic!!!

He was 3/4 of an inch long when i aquired him.And his colors came out brilliant, as he matured.

Last edited:

bassbonediva

Superstar Fish
Oct 15, 2009
Northern Arizona
Got a new boy tonight. Something about him just said "TAKE ME HOME!" even though I'm not usually a huge fan of double tails. First pic is of him right after I got him into the 10gal at home...second pic is about half an hour later.

His name is Amun and he will be going in my Egyptian-themed 10gal.

bassbonediva

Superstar Fish
Oct 15, 2009
Northern Arizona
Yes, another Amun. It seriously just fits him perfectly.

And yeah, double tails are known for their massive dorsals. A lot of HM breeders will introduce the double tail gene into their lines to increase the size of their dorsals. A double tail (usually the female) that is bred to a halfmoon produces a spawn that is mostly halfmoon with some double tails mixed in. There's a breeder in California that I know who did this with her line and had phenomenal results.

Oct 15, 2010
I picked up 10 more last night. 4 5.5 month olds from a breeder(1 pair, and 2 females), 4 females and 2 cellophane doubletails from a private fish store. I Luv the 2 doubletails...SOOO purty!!..er..handsome!! Even the females are nice...lots of red, purple, and blue! Pics coming soon!