Show-off Your Bettas Here!

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
Finally got the time to make this thread. Feel free to post pics, info, and even biographies about your bettas :)

I'll start off with the trio that I keep in my home:

This is my Teal Veiltail Female

This is my Yellow Dragon Halfmoon Plakat Female

This is my Yellow Drag HMP Male

Unfortunately, like you can see the male got hit with eye cloud on his right eye. hoping that he makes it :(

Last edited:

DarkLies

Large Fish
Nov 9, 2009
Louisiana
They're GOREOUS!
I'm so jealous!
I hope your male makes it! =/
Keep us updated!

btw
How do you put pics in posts again? I'm still so confused -.-

Last edited:

bassbonediva

Superstar Fish
Oct 15, 2009
Northern Arizona
Beautiful, Newman! You plakats are truly YELLOW, aren't they, not cellophane? That's really cool!

DarkLies, the easiest way to add pics that I've found (especially if your pics tend to show up really big like mine do) is to use the attachment button. But, you can't do that from the Quick Reply, you have to go to the full reply (says "Post Reply" under last post on thread). It's the little paper clip and it'll open up a window that will let you attach pics.

Ready, all? Here goes...I'll try to tell you who is who. :p
The first, of course, is Al, my blue/crimson crowntail male. Then comes Garrett, the newest edition to the family (adorable little steel blue male veiltail). Then there's Carlisle, my cellophane male veiltail. Next is Edward, my blue/yellow male veiltail. Yes, that's the same pic from my profile, but I just love the way he's "posing" in front of his Volvo...and it shows his coloring the best. Next we have Gordon, my son's blue/crimson/white veiltail male (named after one of the trains on Thomas the Tank Engine...he's five, what can I say?).

Oh, it says I can only upload five attachments...can I post again until I done (I have pics with multiple females in them)? hehe

Attachments

bassbonediva

Superstar Fish
Oct 15, 2009
Northern Arizona
Hay mas! Who woulda thought? lol (Yeah, "hay mas" means "there's more!" in Spanish...sorry!)

Soooooooooo...then we have Liam, my pearl/maroon veiltail male.

Aaaaand, I'm not really feeling like going through all my pics of the girls right now to choose the best ones, so you get a pic of one of the otos instead!

Attachments

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
awsome pics of the bettas bass,and yea the plakats are yellow lol, not celophane. guess you just have too many females to take a pic of em lol. but maybe you should profile each one, for the sake of the thread :p and if you have free time of course.

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
NICE CT, shea :) is he a young fellow? great betta.

Kenny you tend to have a pretty big collection of bettas like bass lol. but what happened to Titan's tail? is he allright?

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2008
Titan's OK, he has a bigger tail then that, just wanted to be a gimp for a day I guess. lol

It might have something to do with having heron in the tank right next to him. My mom refuses to seperate them and Heron fights with chick/venus in the 29. :(

bassbonediva

Superstar Fish
Oct 15, 2009
Northern Arizona
Alright, guys (and gals, if there are any). How about I profile one female per day? lol I'll start with five today since I have their pics handy.

So the first one is Esme, my blue female veiltail that I got first. She's one friendly girl! Then there's Soibbhan, my medium turquoise female veiltail (purchased her second). Next is Rosalie, my other blue female veiltail. When I first got her, she looked like velvet (almost couldn't tell she had scales), which is how I told her apart from Esme. Then there's Jane, my light turquoise little female veiltail. She's a fiesty little thing for being so tiny! And lastly, there's Bella. She used to be as tiny as Jane (and Victoria, my crimson female whom I haven't pictured yet 'cuz I don't have a decent pic of her :p), but now she's one of the biggest.

Attachments

bassbonediva

Superstar Fish
Oct 15, 2009
Northern Arizona
Thanks! :D I love that tank (algae and all...even though the algae is basically my fault :p). And the girls seem happy and comfy in it, which is great. I bought all the girls based on their colors. I'd get to Petsmart right as they were setting out their new shipment of bettas (I got all of them except for Jane and Victoria at Petsmart) and have the first pick of the best colors. :p Oddly, I got two of the girls (not pictured yet) from Walmart and they have incredible color as well...I say "oddly," because Walmart isn't known for the stunning betta selection, especially where females are concerned.

Oh, and Newman, did you catch the little oto in the pic of Soibbhan (the second one)? Hehe...he was laying down there as she swam above him going "I'm a rock. I'm a rock! I'M A ROCK!!!"

Last edited:

tramca

Large Fish
Mar 10, 2003
Liverpool/England
Visit site
Most of the bettas in our stores are veiltails. I came across a store a few years ago that had amazing crowntails. I wasn't looking for a new betta then, but now I am, the store no longer has them :(

Fantastic looking fiah everyone. Makes me want to go shopping again!

My veiltail male Charlie died a few months back, we had him almost 4 years :( I miss him. I'll look for some pics and maybe post one.

bassbonediva

Superstar Fish
Oct 15, 2009
Northern Arizona
Petsmart and Petco are the only ones with CTs around here and their selection usually sucks. I didn't my CT around here, I got him down in Tucson, where there are more stores (and they're bigger) and a better selection. I did get my CT female up here, though. She's the prettiest one I've seen up here.

DarkLies

Large Fish
Nov 9, 2009
Louisiana
For some reason, my Walmart doesn't sound veiltails anymore! All they sell are crowntails! I feel horrible for them in their little cups, but I can't get anymore fish =/=/

Apr 14, 2008
For some reason, my Walmart doesn't sell[edited] veiltails anymore! All they sell are crowntails! I feel horrible for them in their little cups, but I can't get anymore fish =/=/

Ugh, My WalMarts only sell Veiltails and I miss the Crowntails, but when I had only CT's available, I wanted a VT. lol

DarkLies

Large Fish
Nov 9, 2009
Louisiana
darklies why dont you post some of your betta pics ? :)
I promise I will! I just need a time where I can have the patience to sit down and go through the dozens on pics to find a single decent one. -.-
Also, the weekend is coming up, and hopefully I'll have patience by then (but with my dumb classes, I don't think I'll have much)