Shanghai

Feb 27, 2009
I had to make the decision to put my non-aquatic catfish to sleep yesterday. Shanghai was an obnoxious, demanding, pain-in-the-butt, fuzzy, loving, gentle, sweet, and special cat to me. I still cry when I think of her, which is constantly still.

Rest in peace, my love.

Shanghai, April 1, 1990 to March 15, 2011

Feb 27, 2009
Thanks lauraf and Lotus.

I have always had a cat or two, but Shanghai will not be easily replaced in my heart.

I had her since she was 3 days old (raised an orphaned litter for a shelter, Shanghai was one of the litter).

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
What a beautiful cat OC. So sorry for your loss. She was a lucky cat to have lived with you for her whole life. I found that pets never really leave you. My mmother had a cat (Kiki) and she lived for 20 years and had to be put down from cancer. Every now and again, it will seem like she's there. She used to meow when she wanted out (sounded like she was saying "out") and every now and again I here her do that. I have 2 cats now (Harley and Whisper) and it will feel like a cat has jumped up next to me, but nothing is there. I believe that Key (Kiki) is still here, waiting patiently until it's time for her owner to join her.