setting up 140 g tank help

BNB

New Fish
Mar 29, 2012
I recently got a 140 g tank from my buddy for 60.00. It came with the oak wood stand and vanity. My only problem is this is my first tank with 4 holes cut into the bottom. I have 1 big canister filter that has one hose on it than connects to 1 of the holes, then from there it connects to my pump and from my pump into the other hole. My question is what are the other 2 holes for? Am I missing something?

KcMopar

Superstar Fish
Those can be used for reactors, skimmers, or any other salt water appliance. If you do not have an appliance for it just put bulk heads in them and pug the hole. If you have only a canister and a pump then you will only need two holes. One to the canister in the sump and then one from the sump pump to the tank. Just be sure to use stand pipes to get the drain and feed up to the upper water level.

BNB

New Fish
Mar 29, 2012
Those can be used for reactors, skimmers, or any other salt water appliance. If you do not have an appliance for it just put bulk heads in them and pug the hole. If you have only a canister and a pump then you will only need two holes. One to the canister in the sump and then one from the sump pump to the tank. Just be sure to use stand pipes to get the drain and feed up to the upper water level.
I'm new to tanks with holes in the bottom lol. Wouldn't happen to have a pic would you? I'm going to run this one as a fresh water tank. I think I know what u mean about plugging the holes. As far as running the pipe for the upper water level, can I use pvc pipe? And if so do I have to cut a hole in the vanity so it will flow out the top?

Last edited:

BNB

New Fish
Mar 29, 2012
Cool i will try and get the heads today. i just ran sprinklers in my front yard so i have a bunch of pvc pipe and all the angles still laying around. thanks for the help