SeaWater Salt Problem

Jun 17, 2009
Singapore
Hi,i read from another post recently about Instand Ocean salt being unsuitable for nano tanks which are planning on keeping corals. I was wondering if anybody could please tell me if this is true because i don't want to suddenly change my salt when i actually start my nano tank.

unwritten law

Superstar Fish
Sep 2, 2008
DC
I have never heard anything but good things about Instant Ocean... Is there a reasoning why it isn't stable cause that just sounds pretty much like one guy screwed up his tank and is blaming it on the salt....

Jun 17, 2009
Singapore
Oh ok,if thats the case then maybe i will try using Instant Ocean salt. Btw, i also heard from other forums and posts that a Royal Gramma cannot be in the same tank as a Fire Goby. From what i have heard is that the Royal Gramma will actually bully the Fire Goby so it would be unwise to keep both of them in a 10 gallon tank. Could someone please help me out???

Last edited:

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
I think I'm using Kent these days. I used to use Red Sea, but our LFS stopped selling it because of the huge price increases. Our LFS usually only has one or two brands, and I'd rather get whatever it is they have. It just makes it easier, should there be an emergency. To be honest, I'm not sure the salt makes a huge difference, as long as you're supplementing as necessary.