rubber lipped pleco with gold dusting?

Tooj

Medium Fish
Apr 9, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
so i have a rubber lipped pleco...and im currently fighting off a bout of external and internal parasites in my tank....treated the external parasites, still working on the internal parasites....the sick fish are in a hospital tank.
in my main tank i have a rubber lipped pleco....he has a very even, but fine coating of what seems like a gold dust. i thought that since my tank is really diseased and all that, that i could be velvet? velvet is usually rust or white in colour from what i hear...but ive also seen pictures online that look similar to what is on my pleco...
does anyone have a rubber lipped pleco with the same colouration?
he seems very active still, and none of the other fish in my tank have that sorta pattern on them (if it is velvet that is)
ive also read that by the time im able to see velvet develop on the skin, it should be in the later stages of velvet to where its hard to recover..but my pleco is doing fine at the moment...
considering that i just treated for external parasites (using tetras parasite guard) is this unlikely to be velvet? or is it a naturally occuring pattern?